9 - Memories and Fights

You were walking around the shopping, looking at the showcases and wondering which stores could sell scaltrite.

You passed in front of a booth and heard an old and ragged voice

"Long time no see" you acted like it wasn't with you, but the person hold your arm "Don't act like you didn't hear me, Smooth Toes"

You looked at the unilu who was holding you by the arm. You were shocked, no one has called you that in years.

"I don't know what your talking about" you tried to pretend.

"Don't make a fool of yourself" the man laughed slightly, hardening the grasp "We know each other very well" he removed his hood revealing a scared eye.

"You do remember when you did that to me, right?" You got out of his hold.

"I said already, I have no idea what you are talking about" you said, trying to sound confident in your lie.

"Ok" he smiled and you started walking.

The incident with him happened ten years ago, when you were just a eight years old girl trying to get something to eat, and in that case "get" means "steal".

When your planet was completely destroyed and you lost your foster parents, you were already in the rebellion, the work started pretty early for you, so when you came back from a exploration to visit your mom and dad, and welcomed by nothing more than rocks and debris, you were so heartbroken you couldn't even focus on your work.

Your life turned into a miserable cycle of thieving food and looking for places to sleep. That only ended when a woman recognized you as "that really young girl who disappeared from the rebellion" and toke you with her.

She gave you food, clothing and let you stay at her hideout while you were recovering from living in the streets. One day she left in a mission and advised you that she wouldn't be coming back soon.

She told you to make yourself home as long as you wanted and that as soon as she could, she would try to make contact with you, but you never heard of her again.

You stood at her house for about two years, studying and training, you decided to come back to the rebellion in the best shape possible, you learned how to build a ship and to shot, worked on you mind and body, and then used a map the woman left to find a rebel base that could lead you to a mission.

The years you spent stealing and hiding made you a pro at stealth, so the rebels decided to use that in their favor, by the age of fourteen you were already the main key on various missions that required invading galra ships, and that gave you the nickname of Smooth Toes, due to your ability to get in and get out without being noticed.

But before all that, you had to steal, and one day you decided to steal from that same unilu.

You were able to get into his warehouse, so you were doing what you usually did: eating as much as possible before leaving with a bag full of food.

You were behind a box when you heard the door opening, you stopped chewing and hold your breath, but still he spotted you.

"What do you think you are doing your filthy little rat?" He grabbed you by the arm, making you get up.

"Let me go!" Your struggles weren't enough to get him to free you, the unilu was a lot bigger than you and had four arms, a fight far away from fair.

"There is no way I'm letting you go!" He tried to reach for ropes to probably tie you, you used that moment of distraction to kick him in the stomach and reach for the pocket knife you were carrying.

You swung the knife in his direction with your eyes closed, and happened to hit his eyes. He let go of you, putting two of his hands in the bruise, you were paralysed from fear, you had never attacked someone like that.

"I'm going to kill you brat!" You stated running as fast as you could, the unilu tried to go after you but the pain wasn't helping so he gave up.

You hid in a small alley, catching your breath, you looked at your blade dirty from his blood. Your heart was beating fast and you were scared that he would find you, so you started coming up with a plan to go to another planet hidden in some shipment.

The story got famous in the region along with your nickname, so you started asking for people to not use it anymore and just call you by your name, time had passed and you thought no one would recognize you, but the exact same unilu did it, which meant you had to leave or were going to get in trouble.

Keith was approached buy the owner of the store.

"Hello dear costumer, can I help you with something?" The paladin looked at the floor.

"I'm looking for a present"

"What kind of present? For your mother? Teacher? Girlfriend?"

"It's for a girl..."

"I see, is she from Earth too?" the green alien asked.

"Yes"

"I think a have the perfect gift for her!" The salesmen walked to the other side of the store, coming back with a small box and opening it to reveal what was inside.

Keith looked at it, it was simple and yet pretty l and wouldn't disturb you while fighting.

"That's really nice" he said.

"That's fifteen gacs" the owner said, and that was the first moment it hit Keith: How was he going to buy you a present if he didn't have any money with him?

"I'm sorry, I just remembered, I don't have money" the red paladin apologised and got a strange look from the green male "I should get going so you don't loose anymore of your time, good bye" Keith was almost out of the store when the salesman called him back.

"Here boy, you can have it" the green male handed him the box l.

"What? Why?"

"I never sell anything and I'm probably not going to sell it, and you look like you really liked it, so go make your girl happy" the alien smiled.

"Isn't it going to harm your business?" The boy asked.

"Nah, only fifteen gacs aren't going to bankrupt me, you can have it"

"Thank you a lot"

"You're welcomed kid" Keith left happily with your present in hands.

Word count: 1106

Hello guys, I normally don't do this when I write but I feel like I should now. For the few people who are reading this, if you could vote and share the story with your friends it would make me really happy. I usually don't ask for that kind of thing - I mostly write on Sprit and in portuguese btw - because I feel like a beggar but right now I'm just disappointed on how that story is doing? I guess I could say like that. I'm really putting a lot of effort on writing - specially because english is my second language so it's actually harder and I have to look up for a lot or words - and seeing other works with a lot more significance just make me feel like I should just stop because no one's gonna miss the story and things like that. I really hope I'm not asking too much, and I'm sorry for doing this. (If there is somewhere else where I can leave notes like this please notify me, I have no knowledge on Wattpad lol)

- The Author