12 - Changes and Good byes

Everyone was in the deck, the yellow lion was about to go, you hugged Hunk while he was crying about having to leave.

"I'm sure it's going to be fine, big guy, you're smart and strong, you will get the grip" you told him.

"THANK YOU (Y/N)" Hunk hugged you once more and then went back to Lance and Pidge. You saw Keith in the corner talking with Shiro, they hugged each other and than the red paladin and you met.

"I'm going to miss you" Keith said while wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Me too, but it's for the best, we are finally going to destroy those God dam gal-... I'm sorry, I meant... Zarkon"

"It's ok babe" he kissed you quickly, despite being in front of everyone "stay safe"

"You too" the both of you kissed one last time before he got into the yellow lion with Hunk.

"Aw men, why does Keith get the girl and I don't?!" Lance exclaimed. You noticed Shiro coming in your direction with a happy smile on his face.

"I'm glad that you accepted him, he was worried about you when we were coming back from the Blade's base"

"He said so?"

"No, but it was easy so spot, you are really important for Keith and he already had so much people left him, he didn't want you to leave too."

"Being galra or not, it doesn't change the amazing person he is, and there is no way I'm leaving him just for that." Shiro looked surprised after hearing you. "What? Did I say something strange?"

"No... I'm just happy that he found you" he started gathering with the rest of his team "take car of him for me ok?"

"I will"

After Shiro, Lance and Pidge went to Beta Traz, you and Coran said your good byes to Allura and went to Olkarion.

"I see that you and the red paladin are finally together hohoho" the altean said "I was cheering on you two for a long time."

"Was it that noticable?" You asked feeling your cheeks getting hot from shyness.

"Nothing escapes the eye of the great Coran"

The path to Olkarion was nice, you could easily talk with Coran about anything, he felt like an uncle for you.

The time passed quickly as you were building the Teludav, but finally the moment came when the paladins came to set the trap for Zarkon.

"Guys, I need to talk with you" you called the team's attention "during the time I was here I used one of the Olkarian's amplifier to try and get the signal of a rebel base from across this same solar system. I was sure I was going to be able to reach it even if it had some interference, the problem is that I got nothing."

"What do you mean?" Allura asked.

"No responses, no messages, no signal at all... I fear that the base was... Destroyed." The thought of that happening with your comrades made your heart ache.

"What are you going to do now?" Lance asked.

"I was able to track their exact location using scans, so I'll go there and see what the problem is... So I guess that's a good bye" Everyone was surprised, but Keith was shocked, you could see in his eyes that he was sad and didn't want you to leave "but of course we'll bump into each other in space, I'll come back to the team as soon as possible and you can call me whenever you want, Keith knows how" you mentioned the communicator you gave him.

"I...I don't want you to leave!" Hunk hugged you and was followed by Pidge, Lance and Coran.

"Who's gonna teach me all the cool stuff?" The smallest of the group said.

"I told you guys, I'll come back... Now, if you could excuse me, I would like to talk to Keith in personal"

"That's understandable" the black paladin said "Let's get ready to launch, we'll wait for you Keith."

The team left and you felt more relaxed to talk with the red paladin.

"So that's it, it's all over?" He said, looking at you in the eyes, sadly.

"Of course not! Only if you think we can't work things out... See, I know that this is not exactly what we wanted but we both knew that time would come" you caressed his cheek and hold his face with your hands "remember that you are going to defeat Zarkon, the Alliance will free the planets and then we will finally have peace, we are both working for that."

"I know, I just fell like I'm loosing you, like I aways lose the most important people for me."

"Your not losing me, we will be apart for some time, that's inevitable. But I'll come back to you, aways. And we can keep in touch, you know that."

"You're right..."

"Let's save the universe, babe" you kissed him tenderly, you two moved slowly, knowing that this would be your last kiss in some time. Keith was holding you tightly as a reflex of being afraid of losing you, you didn't mind at all.

After the kiss was broken you went to say bye to the others, they were waiting in a nearby room, you hugged them all and had a small talk, Shiro said how much he admired your courage while being so young, you promised them to visit soon. About Keith, you looked at each other, going to your own ships. No "good byes" were said, you didn't want to, you just separated like in any other day.

"I'm sorry to go right after your battle with Zarkon, but I know you are going to succeed , and that's why I need to go and take care of my people." You told them.

You went out to space, directly to the coordinates you found, hoping that the base would be okay and the lack of signal would be due to a mechanical problem.

When you arrived at the small moon were the base was situated all your hopes were gone. The little shacks were destroyed, the main building was in pieces and the people were all on the floor, you almost vomited with the smell of rotten blood that was coming from the dirt.

You heard a noise coming from the rubble, with your gun in hands, you approached the pile of bricks and wood. You were ready to shoot when you saw a little boy, covered in dirt, pale and extremely skinny.

"Miss please don't hurt me!" He put his hands in front of his face, trying to protect himself.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I'm a rebel too" you took of your jacket and gave to the little boy. "What's your name?" You tried so sound as much friendly as you could.

"M-my name is Soran" he took the jacket and slowly put on it.

"Nice to meet you Soran, my name is (Y/N), are you hungry?"

"Yes! Do you have food Miss?" Soran sounded desperate.

"Yeah, I do have some food in my ship, we should get inside and get you some, shall we?" The boy accompanied you without saying nothing.

Word count: 1172 words