CHAPTER 8

"Yeah hare it's me" I say quietly

"W-wha ,h-how, what h-happened Peter you just left. Not telling me any thing."
I wince at his tone as it turned from confused to angry really quick.

"Harry I'm sorry I really am my p-parents um took me out of school. Remember how I told you we travel a lot? Yeah we ended up moving to Utah for my f-fathers job and they didn't let me come back because apparently it was an emergency and we had to go as soon as possible and then we just stayed... I guess." I look down at my feet. I hate lying to him but what am I supposed to say 'hey man good to see you after all these years sorry for just up and leaving. These chaotic men found out I was actually starting at least enjoy my life just a little bit. So they decide to take me away from you because we can have emotions I mean what are emotions? Who has those? Certainly not me.' Yea I can't say that.

I look up to see him pacing slowly and running his hand through his hair.
He then nods. God I feel so bad he doesn't deserve this.
But I have to lie.

"Yeah sorry that makes sense but why show up now?" He asks finally

" Hey it's not your fault. And I just came back because I work for the daily bungle now and I'm doing interviews and try and just get more details about the cool scientific stuff you do here." I say trying sound more my age at the end.

"Oh yeah I guess that makes sense" he nods

" Yeah so I was just wondering if I could interview you. It will be really quick." Is say in a pleasing tone

He chuckles a bit and nods "of course but you have to give your number I want to get back in touch with you again. You're going to be in town for a while right?"

I nod "Yeah that's the hopes at least. And of course I'll give you my number here it's
'917-###-####' " I say as he quickly typed the number into his phone. "Okay thanks. Now let's do this Interview" he says. I nod in agreement