-1- Fuck 'Em

If you haven't read Owen, Mina, Home, Safe, Drew and Okay there will be spoilers.

———————

Owen Savas

Taking a seat on the couch, I let my cane lean against the coffee table as I look at the spread of bridal catalogs.

Mina's been here since I got home, staring glossy eyed at the pictures. Her engagement ring on her finger, a sight that warms my heart and makes me want to grab her hand and tell every damn person that she's mine. Sometimes I actually do that and by sometimes I mean any chance I fucking get.

"How's it going?" I ask.

She tips her gaze to me, scowling.

"This is stupid." She barks. "Why does it have to be the girl's responsibility to plan the wedding?"

A smile pulls to my face and I can't help but laugh a little.

"Stupid men. Have it so easy." She grumbles.

"I'll help. What are you trying to decide?" I ask.

"Everything." She flips angrily through the pages, nearly ripping them from the spine as she does. "I have to pick a date but really if we want to get married soon all the venues are booked so really I can't pick a date because more than likely the venue is booked. And I can't book anything else until we have the venue but everything is probably filled up too. And then I have to pick colors and flowers, and dresses and tuxes and...and even silverware! I mean what..."

"Mina!" I shout over her, forcing the magazine she's looking at closed. "It's okay."

"No it's not Owen!" She snaps back, frustrated and annoyed.

I probably shouldn't laugh but I can't hold it in.

"You're so obnoxious!" Her hands fly up in the air as she stands from the couch and glares down at me. "You're the worst sometimes you know that!"

The more she yells at me the more my smile grows. I reach for her hand but she has to glare at it like my outstretched hand is the cause to all her problems first.

"Come here." I tell her.

She lets out an irritated sigh before she gives in and takes my hand.

"I don't need all that Mina." I gesture at the magazines. "If it's so stressful let's just elope."

Her eyes roll. "Please. Can you imagine how mad Max and Chelsea will be. Your family? My dad! We can't elope!"

"This isn't about them, it's about us."

We could have gone to the courthouse that night. The night I showed up to Mina standing rigid by the table, candles flaming, a bottle of champagne and glasses at the ready. The little velvet box that held her ring I'd tried to give her three other times.

"I don't care when or where we get married I just want you there with me." I tug her to the couch, pulling her into me. "We can go right now if you want."

She scoffs, her blond hair tickling my face from where it's falling from her ponytail. I smooth it down with my hand.

"We can't get eloped Owen."

"Why not? You still want to marry me?"

Her head nods. "Yes."

"I want to marry you." I say.

"We can't."

"Fuck it." I shift, grabbing my cane and pulling myself up. "Lets go."

"Stop being obnoxious."

I glance at the magazines. "You've been obsessing over these fucking magazines for months." I start stacking them up, gathering them in my arms.

"What're you doing?" She demands.

"Tell me this Mina. Do you even want a big wedding?"

She freezes, mouth opening before she snaps it shut and I have my answer. So I abandon my cane, it clinks against the floor and I unevenly make my way to the kitchen.

"Owen." But she doesn't chase me. "What're you doing?"

I reach the garbage can, using my left foot to hit the peddle on the bottom to open the lid.

"Owen."

And then I let all the magazines fall.

"Owen!" Mina shrieks, launching from the couch.

"Get your coat." I tell her.

"You're crazy!"

"No this is crazy!" I shout over her for the second time. "This is supposed to be exciting and fun and enjoyable. You shouldn't be stressed out and miserable. That's not how I want to start this marriage off. Get your coat."

She studies me for a moment, all defiant and guarded like Mina always gets when she's scared.

"Where are we going?" She demands.

"Just get your coat."

I hold her eyes, the green electric and piercing as she decides whether I'm being serious or not.

It takes her a few minutes before she scoffs and stomps past me to the coat rack by the door. I chuckle to myself, she'd never admit it but she can be just as dramatic as Max.

"What are you planning?" She zips her coat, blocking the doorway.

I collect my cane from the living room, grabbing my coat from the hook before I answer her.

"I'm planning on marrying you." I tell her, standing so close that she has to tip her head back to look up at me. "Right now."

"What about everyone else?" She asks, green eyes dancing between mine, wide and full of uncertainty.

"Fuck 'em." I say, my fingers tucking some of the lose strands back behind her ear before I let my hand slip into her hair. "I'm not marrying them."

"They'll be so mad." She whispers but all the fight has left her voice and she bites her lower lip.

"Fuck 'em. They'll get over it."

I lean down, closing the distance between us as her lips meet mine.

"No running." I mumble against her lips.

"I'm scared."

Our noses are pressed together, breath mingling, foreheads touching. "I'm never leaving."

Her green eyes snap shut, lips meeting mine again for just a second before she pulls away.

"So we're doing this?" She asks, a smile tugging at her face.

That smile still makes my heart soar, I still can't believe it's directed at me.

"Yeah, we're doing this."

                                   ————————

Thanks for the cover art Rensk3N !

Who's missed Owen and Mina!? I have!