-5- Rowdy Group of Four

Owen Savas

I almost didn't think I'd get her in the courtroom.

God that makes me sound like I'm forcing her to marry me.

The thought makes me smile though. Mina is so many things, but she is not easy. And I knew when this moment finally came to realization that it wasn't going to be simple. That I'd have a mountain of fears and doubts to conquer.

All in all, I think I'm coming out on the right side.

Max grins like an idiot as he leads Mina down the aisle. He's enjoying this too much but I'm glad he's here. Chelsea too.

I laugh, watching Max plant a big, probably wet as all hell, kiss on the side of Mina's face. Her face scrunches, a scowl tugging at her lips as she tries to push him away.

"Did you just lick me?" She accuses, looking at him horrified.

But Max doesn't acknowledge it, turning to point his finger at me. Leave it to Max to not let this be traditional in any sense of the word.

"And you, just because you settled for Mina and not me.."

"Shut up Max!" Chelsea calls from the pew she's seated in as he continues his speech.

"...does not mean you can hurt my girl. Got it?"

I'm so amused, chuckling along as I watch the two girls shake their heads. Chelsea is tugging on his arm trying to get him to sit down and Mina's wiping her hand along her jeans trying to rid her cheek of his spit.

"Yes sir." I mock salute Max as Mina finally joins me in front of the Officiant. He doesn't seem to be bothered by our rowdy group of four but I flash him a smile and toss "I'm sorry" in his general direction.

Getting a small nod from him before he clears his throat, I turn to Mina, leaning on my cane a little more than normal. I reach for her hand, hoping that whatever this Officiant has to say he does it fast before Mina has enough time to get into her head too much.

"Owen and Mina, today you enter as individuals, but you will leave here as husband and wife, blending your lives, expanding your family ties, and embarking upon the grandest adventure of human interaction. The story of your life together is still yours to write. All those present have come to witness and celebrate your love and commitment this day - eager to be a part of the story not yet told."

I catch the sound of Chelsea scolding Max but as I lock eyes with Mina everything in me grows calm. I feel stronger when she's there.

"And remember to treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Take responsibility for making the other feel safe, and give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness and kindness that your connection deserves."

The Officiant's voice booms along the walls of the small chapel, reverberating around us until the only noise that there is, is his speech of love.

"When frustration, difficulty and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at some time or another, remember to focus on what is right between you, not just the part that seems wrong. In this way, you can survive the times when clouds drift across the face of the sun in your lives, remembering that, just because you may lose sight of it for a moment, it does not mean the sun has gone away. And, if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight."

All I can think about is Mina, being the beacon in my life when times were dark. How she's been strong and steady and confident during the times when I was unsure and afraid. How she was my comfort while I grieved.