-6- Mr. & Mrs. Owen Savas

Mina Savas

At some point during our vows my heart went from pounding with fear to straight up excitement. I'm not sure if it was the way Owen repeated the vows, the emotion in his voice, the steady in his eyes or if finally I managed to delete Penny's fears from my mind but by the time I slid Owen's ring on his finger, I knew this was good. That we were good, I was good.

And as we finally parted from our kiss, foreheads lingering together as we whispered love between each other, I couldn't help but laugh at all the years I lived in fear. Owen wasn't going anywhere.

He only proved that over and over and over again to me. But I think for the first time, since I realized that he would stay, I actually believed it with every fiber of my being.

"I can't wait to get home and take those boyfriend jeans off you." It's a low rumble, passing between just us because Max is making so much noise it sounds like there's a full house.

My smile grows as I roll my eyes and kiss him again. When we part for the second time I make sure to tell him "you're obnoxious".

"Talk dirty to me babe." He muses.

I kiss him one more time just to shut him up for a moment.

And it's a long enough moment for the Officiant to announce "it is my pleasure to introduce for the first time Mr. and Mrs. Owen Savas".

Mrs. Owen Savas. That's me. Mina Savas.

My heart leaps, a giggle forcing its way past my lips as Chelsea and Max meet us on the floor. Max plants another sloppy wet kiss on my cheek, both his arms thrown over Owen and my shoulders. Chelsea seems to be the only one that's aware of her surroundings as she smiles and shakes the Officiant's hand before stooping down to pick up Owen's cane.

When she's up right again, her blue eyes meet mine, a smile spread across her face. We fold each other into a hug, her long auburn hair spilling down her back in a loose braid.

"I am so happy for you!" She squeals as we rock back and forth in each other's arms. "Sort of jealous but so so happy!"

Laughing, I feel tears try to flood my eyes. Tears of happiness.

"You'll find someone." I tell her through my laughter.

We still haven't parted, in fact I feel her arms tighten around me slightly as she says "It's fine I have Zachary Binks."

"You can't marry that demon cat!" Max calls, releasing Owen, only to hug him again. "Chelsea break that cane."

"Don't listen to him." Owen yells.

Max has his arms cinched around Owen's body, cheek pressed into his chest, a massive grin on his face.

"I'm telling Zach." I say over Chelsea's shoulder. "Besides, I put a ring on it, he's taken."

Laughter bubbles out of Chelsea, the two of us finally releasing our air tight hold on each other and she gives me a high five.

"Girls are mean." Max pouts, still glued to Owen.

Owen stretches one hand out toward me, the other toward Chelsea who hands him his cane. The whole time Max is still wrapped tight around him. And this is one of the many reasons why I love Owen. Max is obnoxious and way too flirty, mostly inappropriate and a lot of the times terribly embarrassing, like now for instance. But he has a wonderful heart, he's generous and thoughtful and a lover to his core. And Owen lets him be him. Accepting his awkwardly long, overly intimate hugs and his constant flirting and pick up lines. And I know that they confide in each other, mostly because Max is terrible at keeping secrets.

"Can I hug someone else now?" Owen asks, grinning at me like a fool. "I mean poor Chelsea's over there all alone and single, contemplating marriage to her cat."

"You're a jerk." She calls.

I bite my lower lip, stifling a laugh. But Max mumbles something that I can't hear and parts ways with Owen. He shifts some of his weight onto his cane and I make a mental note to ask if today is a bad day pain wise. He's gotten good at hiding it.

It takes a few more minutes to actually leave, some formalities like signing the marriage license had to happen before we left but as we spill out onto the sidewalk Chelsea says "my car is this way, come on."

As we pile into her car I ask "where are we going?" But not a single person answers me as Max and Chelsea start to bicker about god only knows what.

Owen hasn't let go of my hand and I squeeze it to redirect his attention to me, a beautiful smile spreads across his face as his warm chocolate eyes meet mine.

"What're we doing?" I ask him.

Chelsea navigates through the streets like a woman on a mission, cutting a car off, the sound of their horn blasting through the evening air.

Owen shrugs his shoulders like he doesn't have an answer but I can see the mischievous look that's lingering in the depths of his eyes.

"How's your pain?" I switch tactics, maybe if he starts confessing one thing, he'll spill the beans accidentally.

But his smile just softens sweetly, his thumb stroking my hand and he says "I love you always Mina."

"I love you too." My response is automatic and my thoughts skip to my elevated heart and the fact that I'm married.

I'm married, I got married. I can't believe I did this.

"Don't start panicking now." Owen whispers and I let out this weird chuckle and roll my eyes at him.

Why does he have to know me so well?

He lifts our entwined hands to his lips and kisses my hand, an action that still makes me melt inside. But that's when my eyes catch sight of his ring on his finger and I'm met with this wave of relief as I remind myself that we're in this together. That Owen stays.

"Wait are we going to Matt's?" I ask the car as Chelsea pulls down the road Max's uncle's restaurant is on.

I'm met with grins from the members in the front seat before I turn to Owen and say "ready to get your ass kicked at pool?"

He laughs, one of the most beautiful sounds in the world and says "always".

—————————

Double update?

Quaration: favorite video game (for those that don't game, sorry for nerding out)?

I'm old school, some N64 Mario Kart or Sonic on the Sega. That's where it's at.