Twenty-six

HALEY

I don't have my stuff with me, but I've been taking notes on my phone during my classes today, and I thankfully had some money in the pockets of my jeans, so I could buy some lunch.

I think I'm still glowing from that great treatment Max gave me before I left his room. Josie has already commented on it, and she and Ives has barely been sitting with me for five minutes.

They're both gushing about how good Max and I look together, and Josie is being really curious as to how it works to how two boyfriends, but I don't really feel like sharing. Not since Aiden and I had this huge fight last night.

I just walked out in the end, not even bringing anything other than my phone and the clothes I was wearing. No jacket, and no school supplies. I did send him a text when Max agreed to let me stay over, to let him know where I was, and he sent a heart in return.

He does that when we fight. He sends a heart, and I don't think he knows why he does it, but I think it's because he wants to say he loves me, but he's afraid to admit defeat. We usually work it out after some distance anyway, so I'm not worried.

I just wish he saw where I was coming from.

Max has something to say too, and he said no. Yet Aiden invited Alex into our home and let her stay there.

I get that he wants to help his sister, I really do, but I don't want Max to think he isn't worth as much in our relationship. We're all equals.

At least that's what I want us to be.

I sigh a little and push the remainder of my salad around with my fork, and grimace a little, until I notice both girls' eyes on me, and I look up at them, confused.

"What?" I ask, and they look at each other, as if they're debating who should talk.

Josie eventually clears her throat, and looks at me again.

"Are you okay? You've been quiet today. You're never this quiet," she says.

I fake a small laugh, and roll my eyes at them playfully.

"You don't know me that well," I say.

"We do," Ives says, and raises her eyebrows at me.

"Ugh, fine," I huff, and sit up straighter in my seat.

I look at the both of them, and bite my lip for a second. It can't hurt to share some of my problems with them, right? I consider them friends now, and they're girls, who doesn't have a foot on the inside regarding my boyfriend issues.

So I tell them what happened between Aiden and I, and that I spent the night at Max's dorm room. They both listen intently as I complain about one boyfriend, and gush about the skillful mouth of the other. I can see Ives cringe a little as I talk about Max's ability to make me orgasm, but she doesn't back away from the subject. She looks interested, she's just too shy to admit it or butt in with some comments. Josie, on the other hand, is prying me for more details.

Ives' cheeks are red, and Josie is smiling from ear to ear as I finally reach the end of my story. I left out a lot of details, like the reason why Alex was kicked out from her parents' house. I just said they had an argument. I don't know if Ives would want to know that I know what really happened, so I'm keeping it to myself. At least for now.

It feels really good to confide in someone who genuinely seems to want to help me through it. I kind of considered Alex my best friend before, since I never really clicked with any girls before, and boys seemed to just want to get into my pants, so I steered clear of most people.. These two are different. They're just... Genuine.