michaeng: coffee

"ma'am? may i help you?" the barista asks trying to grab the woman's attention.

"ah i'm sorry. i'll take a caramel macchiato, extra whip cream please." the woman smiled back. the barista was short, with mid length dark hair. she was maybe 5'2.

"i need a name for that order." the barista smiled. "mina." mina smiles and takes her card back. "pretty name." the barista grins. mina just blushes and sits down.

she watches the girl make her coffee, and take more orders. it was a nice coffee shop, and it probably paid well for the girl. mina just wishes she would've gotten her name. as she watches the barista bring other orders to tables, there was an accident.

"what the fuck!" a woman groans just behind mina. mina stands up really quick to see what had happened. "ma'am i'm so sorry." the barista mutters not knowing what to do.

the barista was delivering the two coffees to that table but the tray had slipped and gotten all over the barista and the woman. "chaeyoung! what happened here?" the boss storms out from behind the counter.

"it was an accident sir. you know i've never done this before." chaeyoung frowns and tries to wipe up her mess. "just go, hang up your apron and cash out. your done for today." the boss just waves her off and tries to talk to the very very upset costumer with coffee all over her.

chaeyoung just frowns and does as her boss says. mina feels like she should say something, but also it's none of her business. there's just something gravitating about chaeyoung, and mina couldn't even describe it.

as chaeyoung walks out, mina stands up quickly to go after her. "pretty name chaeyoung." she says loud enough for her too hear. chaeyoung swings around and glances at her. she turns back around though, thinking that mina meant somebody else. 

mina grasps her hand and pulls her back around. even though people were walking past them on the streets, they stood still.

as if all of the people just froze in place, leaving them in this otherworldly experience. it was weird how it worked, it was weird how they worked. mina didn't believe much in soulmates, chaeyoung believed in soulmates though. they're was this push and pull between the two.

"you were talking to me?" chaeyoung grins. "yeah i was. i know you're kinda soaked in coffee right now so how about i take you to your place and you can get changed. then maybe, we could go out for coffee." mina smiles, keeping a tight grip on her hand.

"yeah, sounds cool." chaeyoung agrees.

one year later

"fuck fuck fuck! i'm late." chaeyoung rushes around her small apartment trying to get her stuff. "chae why do you still even have this job? you're an artist now babe." mina laughs taking a hold of chaeyoung.

mina had finally convinced chaeyoung to take her dream as a painter. she did get a lot of recognition, and she enjoyed doing her passion. "because there's just something about this job baby. it's how we met." mina smiles looking at the smaller girl in her apron.

even after spilling coffee all over a customer, she kept her job. "that's true. i really like coffee, and i really like you." mina smirks while chaeyoung groans. "babydoll you're so cheesy. i'll see you later yeah?" chaeyoung grabs her keys and pecks mina's lips.

"love you!" mina smiles as chaeyoung leaves. mina has an addiction to coffee now, just like how she has an addiction to chaeyoung.

listening to bts coffee and thought this fit well for michaeng. thanks for reading! and give me a suggestion for another ship!