TEASER! - Origin of the Black Death

It was hot and it was bright.
The chirping of cicadas pounded onto the people as much as the sunbeams that shone down onto the earth ruthlessly and seemed to long to burn everything they touched.

Not many people were outside.
It was simply too warm to do more than lying motionless in the coolest corner of one's basement or flat with a fan next to oneself while they had sweat dripping down their bodies in small rivers and were breathing as shallowly as possible.
The temperatures made humanity question their whole existence in itself.

Everyone who had the miserable fate to live beneath the roof of their house, hid away in ice cream parlors and open-air pools - covered in thick layers of sun cream and constantly searching for a shadow covered spot that was able to at least cover a small part of their body.

If the conditioned malls were to be ignored, the city was extinct.
No living being dared to move in face of the pressure of the still air.

But some children in a little forest braved the unbearable temperatures, armed with little nets they wandered around.

The little fellowship reached a stream that was bridged by a fallen tree and their leader marched on proudly, filled to the brim with confidence and the conviction that he would reach the other side unharmed.

His entourage stayed behind him just as one would expect.

The temperatures did not really bother the little boy. They fit him well, matched his personality - only a second away from a bush-fire -, his looks - white-blonde hair, just like the blazing sun and ruby-red eyes that reminded one of the heat, besides that the broad grin that shone and blinded everyone, it was too bright to look at it -, and his Quirk - explosions, just as hot and destructive as this drought.

And then the thing happened that was to be expected by a bridge like this one that the kids tried to cross. The leader of the group slipped on the dry wood and fell with a short, high pitched shout into the riverbed of the almost dried-out stream.

Confused he looked around in the muddy puddle that he had landed in, his head mere centimeters away from a sharp and pointy rock.

He heard steps and looked up. Waddling toward him was the most loyal and dumbest of all dogs: Deku.

Wild, fuzzy green curls surrounded his head, defying all the laws of nature. The face was soft and round with stardust splatters covering nose and cheeks and big, green doe-eyes.

The other kid stretched out its hand to help the one who fell onto his feet.

If Katsuki Bakugo was the summer burning high above the desert then Izuku Midoriya was the rainy hours spreading over a jungle.

Green hair like lushly leaves of healthy trees and bushes; the green of his eyes made one think of emeralds in the depths of a calm and clear pond and his freckles were like the raindrops covering a white petal and reflecting the last shimmers of the golden sun.

"Are you alright, Kacchan? Are you hurt?"

The face of the blonde boy who had been laughing about his clumsiness until now froze before he slowly turned his head to face Deku.

The other child did not seem to understand what it had done wrong.

Angrily he gritted his teeth and reared back his hand to slap away the hand of the greenette.

None of the kids had expected the explosion that ignited itself when skin touched skin and so it came that after a loud, earth-shaking bang they all just stared at the hole in the arm of the quirkless nuisance for a long time while the injured boy started to hyperventilate.

Blood dripped into the dirty water and colored it pink before turning it red.

And then the screaming began.

Nobody knew who really started.

But it was a sound of pure horror.

And then Izuku awoke again.

His eyes were screwed shut while one of those little hands clutched the thin arm close to the wound.

He cried, he wailed, he screamed and screeched.

It was a pitiful noise that tore through the silence and overshadowed the cicadas.
His voice was too loud for his throat and the anguished sounds rocked the rigidity of the heat - the world returned to move again as people stumbled out of their nearby homes to witness the calamity.

The sobbing screeches stopped abruptly as a small, green-haired boy fainted.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

This was only a TEASER! I'll finish this chapter at the ninth of March! I'll continue posting every third month once I'm through with school amd once I've finished writing I'll update every second week.