What it takes to shatter a Mind

Inko visited Izuku the very next day. She woke up sooner than usual to make it to his hospital before her shift in the other hospital started.

The room was still dark when she opened the door gingerly. Her heart almost stopped when she looked at her son's bed and found it empty.

But then her eyes wandered over to the other boy's bed and she still had to be concerned about her heart but this time because it threatened to melt.

Both boys had wound themselves around one another in Shoutos bed like two kittens.
The only thing one could see of Izuku was his wild, green curls that stuck out from beneath the taller boys chin.

Her son's back was pressed against the stomach of his roommate as he was curled up into a tight ball.
The taller one rested one of his hands on Izuku's knee and the other was placed around the other boy in a protective manner, although his upper arm was used as a pillow by the smaller boy.

Smiling she pulled out her phone and took a photo of the cute scene quietly.

She let her gaze sweep over the room once more and noticed that there were puddles all over the place.

Green eyebrows pulled together in a concerned frown.

She hoped that it wasn't a leak, because it certainly couldn't have been a mishap on the children's side, considering that it did not smell this way and that there was simply too much fluid for that option.

She shut the door quietly behind her as she left and went to the front desk.

"Hello, there is water in the room of my son, Izuku Midoriya, and his roommates, Shouto Todoroki. You should probably look that there's no leak or water damage."

The woman behind the desk looked at her bewildered for a second before she took off her glasses and rubbed both her hands over her face with an exhausted sigh.

"Again?", she asked.

"Again?"

The woman nodded.

"I'm going to send a janitor up, just in case, but I can assure you with certainty that this is not because of some malfunction. Poor little Shouto turned out to be a bad dream-user, and his Quirk allows him to create ice."

Inko's eyes widened when she understood what the woman was saying.

Dream-users are people who activated their Quirks uncontrollably during the REM-Phase of their sleep without any kind of consciousness. Children are more prone to this anomaly but there are also adults who have the same problem, nobody really knows what causes it.

The biggest danger was that they could injure themselves or people surrounding them without even noticing.

Inko herself had been lucky to never belong to this category.

"Is my son even safe in this room?", questioned the mother frightened and thought back to the two boys lying so close to each other. Shouto could freeze Izuku so easily when they were near.

"Your son can always call the night nurses and Shoutos former roommate was completely fine."

Inko needed and thought about the picture she just took.
"Thank you. If it's like this, then I don't see any problems. Have a nice day."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

He awoke to something moving beside him.

"Nooooooooo...",
wailed the boy drowsy with sleep and cuddled closer the toasty Something next to him,
"L't m' sle'p... is warmmm."

Something shook him lightly and he was sure he heard silent laughter or quiet giggles.