Roaring Devil

Over the span of the coming days, Izuku and Shouto worked themselves into a nice and comfortable routine that allowed them to get to know each others' in's and out's as well as making them inseparable. 

They spend one more day alone to ensure that they were used to each other, after that they were introduced to the other kids of the ward. 

It was shocking how many of them were there because of their Quirk. 
May it be in cases like Izuku's, where they couldn't save themselves because of their missing, lacking, or very weak Quirk, or because they had a Quirk so strong that it hurt them. 

One girl, as an example, had a variation of a fire-breath-Quirk, like Izuku's father, that was slowly cooking her internals and overheating her body. 

And there was another quirkless boy, he was eight and he only had one arm. He was very… bitter. And even when the two newbies tried to talk to him (in case of the greenette because out of admiration and in Shouto's case because his angel was talking to this bitter boy) he remained cold.

And the reasons went on and on like this.

Midoriya noticed the pattern. 
Of course, he noticed the pattern. 
And he told his mother about it. 
Just like he told her everything each evening once the Todoroki siblings left. 

Because another part of their daily routine were the visits from Fuyumi and Natsuo.
They never talked with the Babysitter, or Nanny, or whatever the woman preferred to call her job, but the smallest out of all the kids always strived to be polite to her – that he greeted her and asked how she was and said goodbye. 
Shouto mentioned all the time that the Lady was paid so that they could be mean to her, but of course, this thought burned on the pure soul of the curlyhead in an unpleasant way and he tried to make up for everyone else's bad behaviour. 

Fuyumi was very calm and thoughtful, a bit too soft and anxious for Izuku to be comfortable if he was being honest because they pushed each other's worst traits into spiraling out of control, but it fit her Quirk rather well, it allowed her to create snow and to lower temperatures a bit, it is easy to talk to her and she had a knack for literature, just like Shouto. 

Natsuo was rough around the edges, hot-headed, and had a bit of a temper, which didn't exactly fit his Quirk – it allowed him to cool down small masses of water until they freeze. 
He had a strong sense of what is just and did not let himself be stopped to let others know when they acted double-wide. 
A lot of people perceived him as impolite and saw his behaviour as delinquents because of that but Izuku was glad that he acted so honest and crude. The way how the boy with the white hair was fighting tooth and nail all the time even if it was a lost battle encouraged to quirkless boy and gifted him with a sliver of hope that his own fight which he was batteling for his own sake would turn out to be worthwhile.

Shouto seems to prefer his sister and to avoid his brother, Midoriya couldn't really understand it but he guessed that the two-toned boy didn't feel all this well when confronted with a strong urge to fight when he was forced to fight by his father all the time.

Izuku noticed how the other kids were counting the days until Endeavor returned and their peaceful life would crash like a house of cards. 
He did not even notice how he started to do the same and dreaded the day the Devil would appear to tear through Paradise, he tried to make every second something precious and wonderful; something that was worth to be remembered. 

Inko observed her son in worry as he started to create wilder and wilder plans about how to save his best friend from the Monster and how he prepared for a terrible catastrophe that had been declared lost by him a while ago.

But she promised to help. 

And helping she did. 

Inko Midoriya found out where Rei Todoroki was kept and offered to become the woman's private-nurse – it took three hours until Endeavor approved that somebody took over the job.