4

Vote, comment and share. ❤️

Thank you 🙏

Aisha's pov.

It's been a few weeks since we came back from the Uk. Now we have started the wedding preparations. Something came up and they shifted the wedding Fatiha back to Abuja not katsina, which I am so grateful for.

Right now it's only two days to the wedding and everyone is moving up and down making sure everything is going on as planned.

My lefe was brought a week ago by the grooms family. And Mashallah everything looked good.  Ya Ruqaiya and Mama came back from Turkey two Weeks ago. Ya Ruqaiya made sure to include me in everything, I choose all my furniture myself.

I am in my room along with Iman and Binta, my mai Gyaran jiki doing halawa(waxing). "Iman, I'm hungry" I said to my sister, who is curled up in my beanbag using her phone.

"What do you want to eat?" She asked.

"Anything, what did they cook today?" I asked

She scrunched her face. "Rice and stew"

"Please have Nasma bring it for us"

She left the room and my body suffered a bit longer inside the turaren wuta. We soon finished the gyaran jiki and ate our lunch. Binta has left already leaving only me in my room thinking about life. How my life would be as a married woman.

Earlier, Iman went to the designers to get my outfit for the kamu and budan Kai. The budan Kai event is organized by the grooms family, it literally means welcoming the bride into their family while the groom or his sisters unveil the bride.

I entered the bathroom and had my shower with the scented soap Binta gave me. I came and got dressed in a simple mustard boubou and prayed zuhr. Aunty Bilki, Mama's sister came in. "Aisha, Maman ki Na kira."

"Okay Aunty Billy, I'm coming" I said and with that she left the room.

The house of full with some of Baba's relatives from katsina and Mama's from Yobe. I'm not much of a talker, so I hate crowded places. I just have to be forcing smiles and pretending I am so in for this marriage anyhow with these people in the house.

I left the room and went to Mama's where I met her, her elder sister Aunty Sakina, and Baba's younger sister Aunty Sadiya.

They talked to me about marriage life and whatnot, I teared up a bit after the long Nasiha i received and seeing the sad face of my Mama.

Mama told me that Baba was calling me. I made my way to his study afterwards. I wiped my tears and knocked on the door. He answered and ushered in me. After exchanging pleasantries, he started.

"Mamana, you are going through a new phase in your life, an inevitable phase. Allah has already destined that you will get married one day, you will marry Abdulhameed. And tomorrow is the day you will be leaving this house to live with him as your lawfully wedded husband. Goggo Na, I am asking you to forgive me for pushing you into this marriage. I want you to give it a chance. We might not know what it holds, only Allah knows and we leave everything in his hands. And I assume you already know he has a daughter right?" He asked a sobbing me. I nodded.

He continues. "Very good, I know you will care for her as if she is your own, I know the love you have for kids and I know you will make such an amazing mother to this child and your children to come inshallah. Allah will protect from all evil and make this marriage work. I am and will keep praying for you and all my other kids every single day of my life. Now, weep no more my child. Happiness awaits you inshallah. Trust in Allah SWT, believe in his miracles and everything will work out for you inshallah. Allah ya miki Albarka Aisha." he pressed a kiss on my forehead and I hugged him tightly.