Chapter 5

Y/N's POV
I bit my lip as I waited for my students to show up so we could ready to do our morning workout before starting our game. I watched as Lauren and her best friend Dinah came out. The only students that have come out of the school to join me. Class started 10 minutes ago. I wasn't going to go look for them. If they didn't want to show up, I'd just mark them absent and not give them any points.

"Hey Mr. Y/L/N." Dinah smiled as she waved at me. Her eyes bloodshot from obviously crying. "Hey DJ... Hey Lauren." I smiled at the two girls as they took their seat on the bleachers, waiting for everyone else to join us. "Since nobody else wants to be on time, you girls can sit while everyone else works out." I spoke. "I wouldn't have been able to do it anyways." Lauren chuckled as she pointed to her crutches. "Speaking of that, how bad was the sprain?" I asked.

"I can't walk on it for the next three weeks and they'll do physical therapy to help strengthen it for the lack of movement." She explained. "It was that bad?" I questioned. "Definitely close to breaking it." She shrugged. "Well I hope it heals perfectly fine." I spoke before the rest of the students finally started coming out. "Everyone circle up and I'll call out your name. Say here when you hear your name." I yelled at the students.

"Here" The final student yelled. "Since y'all thought it was okay to take your time, besides Lauren and Dinah, you guys will be working out the whole period. I was going to let y'all choose what you played today but you guys wanted to goof off. Line up on the white line." I spoke as I turned and walked so I'm halfway on the field. "You are going to run as fast as you can to me and run backwards back to the white line." I said as I put my whistle back into my mouth and watched as students complained. I blew my whistle and everyone started running.

Lauren's POV
I bit my lip as I watched Mr. Y/L/N torturing the students and being authorative. His voice deepening as he yelled. I looked at Dinah and seen her with her the tip of her pointer was in her mouth as she stared at him. I lightly hit her and she laughed, not trying to hide that she was staring. "It doesn't count if I already know I can't have him." She pointed out. I nodded my head as I agreed with her.

I watched as Mr. Y/L/N made his way over to us, and taking a seat next to us. "I really don't like these kids." He sighed as he leaned back and looked at the kids talk. I laughed and he looked up at me and smiled. "Did I fit in for a second there?" He asked. "Definitely not" Dinah joked. "Well I think you pulled it off perfectly." I playfully winked. He laughed and stood back up. "Go inside and go to your next class!" He yelled  before sitting back down and looking at the both of us again. "Dinah, is it okay if I talk to Lauren alone please?" He asked as he stood and pulled his shorts up, giving out a peak of his V-line.

I closed my eyes and looked down, not wanting anyone to notice that I had looked at him. Dinah nods and walks away, winking at me sneakily. "I'll see you later." Dinah said as she left. I looked at Y/N as he stood with his hands on his hips. "You wanted to talk." I broke the silence. "I just wanted to check up on you and see if you needed help with anything?" He questioned. I looked at him strangely as he rocked back and forth on his heels. 

"I'm fine... Thank you though." I spoke slowly. "I was only asking because your health teacher talked to me about your grade..." He trailed off. I groaned as I shook my head at my health teacher telling my least favorite teacher shit. "What he tell you? I swear that man has it out for me." I groaned.

"He told me that your grade is going down quickly. We had talked in the teacher's lounge and he just told me. I can help you during your free period if you'd like." He smiled softly. "It's not like I'm not turning in my work. He just likes to complicate this stuff so that I don't understand." I tried defending myself. 

"Lauren, it's okay. I can help you study. I was good in health." I snorted at his comment. "Which part? Anatomy?" I joked but stopped when I realized how inappropriate that came out. "I was acctually good at the cells and the plant theories that went with the DNA and RNA." He explained. I nodded my head. A sexy guy that's educated. Not bad at all. "How about I make you a deal. Every test you pass, you get to skip the Monday work out." He bargained and I watched him as I debated it. "Dinah doesn't have to do it either and we got a deal." I held my hand out and he chuckled while shaking his head. "You got yourself a deal." He said as he took my hand and we shook on it.

I took a seat at our lunch table with a big ass smile. "What's got you all smiley?" Dinah questioned as she looked at me strangely. "I just got us the easiest break in gym ever. Mr/ Y/L/N said every health test that I pass, you and I get out of Monday fitness. He's gonna help me study during my free periods." I explained. "He really wants the Cuban kitty." Dinah laughed at her own joke. "Stop! It ain't like that." I whined. SHe just chuckled and nodded her head. The rest of the girls joined us and the topic quickly changed before we went our separate ways for our next period. Mine being with Mr. Y/l/N for my free period...