22 | Easy, Tiger

"I want to see Billy," Blake demanded.

Five sighed as she cleared away Blake's breakfast tray. It had been a couple of hours since Blake had woken, but Five had stoutly refused to let Blake see him, despite the fact that Blake had been, for all intents and purposes, fully functioning for the last hour. Save for a couple of wobbly moments, she had been walking, then pacing the length of her room.

"I told you, give it a little while."

"If you don't take me there, I'll find my own way," Blake threatened. She gestured to the bed and made a face. "I don't need any more bed rest. How long can blood loss keep you out?"

Five considered for a moment, then gave in. "Fine. I'll take you. But I'll warn you now, he doesn't look good."

"I know," Blake said. "One told me about the infection."

Five walked Blake down the hall, shadowing her in case of any dizzy spells. Blake paused outside the room Five indicated, her hand hovering over the handle.

"What do I say?" She asked Five, bringing her hand back to her chest protectively.

"Just say hello," Five replied. "Go on."

Five opened the door, then closed it with a definitive click behind her, leaving Blake and Billy alone. He startled at the sound, opening one eye with a groan.

"Hey, Billy," she ventured cautiously, taking a seat beside him.

"Blake?" He asked groggily.

"Yeah, it's me."

"They said I wouldn't be able to see you for a while."

"I managed to persuade them otherwise."

He nodded, closing his eyes again. "I'm feeling shit, before you ask."

"You look it," she acknowledged. She looked him over, scanning the cuts over his face and arms, then finally the thin slice over his neck, now a thin scab.

"Thanks," he said dryly. He reached up to rub his eyes so he could see her properly. There was a purpling bruise on her chin from the fight with Diana, and the scratches on her face were stark against her skin.

"I really thought you were going to cut my throat deeper," he admitted, watching her with hooded eyes.

"Never," she said vehemently. "I couldn't do that to you."

"They said you cut your wrist. I just felt a lot of blood. I couldn't see fuck-all. I heard you scream, and-" he broke off, his eyes finding hers and holding them. They were glassy, a little delirious. She suddenly realised he must be dosed up pretty high on pain meds. "I was so scared. I couldn't do anything."

Blake registered the heart rate monitor jump up in frequency and took his hand, grazing her thumb over the back of it. "Shh, shh, it's okay. I'm here now," she pacified, her other hand finding his cheek. She gave him a gentle smile. "Five stitched me up and Two gave me a blood transfusion. Everything's fine."

He turned his hand over to hold hers palm-to-palm, squeezing it, as if making sure she was really there - or not letting her leave.

She squeezed back. "I just need you to get better, okay?"

"Everyone else?" He asked, scanning her features. "Are they okay?"

Blake nodded. "They're all fine. One and Two had some cuts and bruises, but considering Three cooked for me I assume he isn't in another medical bay. Seven got tasered, but One said he's hanging out with my brother, so he's fine too."