~ 1 ~

A/n

This story will be under heavy editing for the next week or so! I'll be editing and extending parts of this story as I am not 100% happy with how some of it was written and now that I've come back to it, I want it to be the best it can be...that being said, happy reading :)

Christmas. It's only four days away. The countless shops of Seoul are filled with green and white decorations and cheerful carols can be heard at every turn. Specials are plastered over every shop window - hoping to entice any last-minute shoppers in desperate need of a quick Christmas gift. The air is crisp and cold on the face, chilling to the bone. People bustle about all wrapped up in layers upon layers of warm clothing to keep the chill at bay.

Yoongi is one of these people; his great winter coat swallows his lean figure and gloves keep his fingertips from becoming numb. A scarlet scarf is wrapped snuggly around his neck and covers his mouth and nose. He looks both ways before crossing the street, double checking as he's walking; can't risk getting hit by a car on his way to work. Maybe later, he thinks to himself. It depends on how the day goes. He can just make out the front of his workplace on the corner up ahead. He quickens his pace.

He feels the passage of time slowly as he gets trapped behind an elderly couple walking leisurely down the pathway. A glance at his watch shows the countdown of the precious minutes before his shift begins without him. Shit. He's running late. Kim Taehyung, his co-worker, and close friend is never going to let this go. Min Yoongi is never late to work. He has always been punctual. It is just this so happened to be the day in which his alarm clock decided to break, hence leaving him to wake up a half hour later than usual. He had even had to skip breakfast to make it in time for the later train.

He reaches the varnished door to the quaint corner coffee shop he works at. He allows himself a moment to gather himself, hand paused hovering over the door. Gritting his teeth, he pushes open the door and tries to get to the counter unnoticed.

Too bad that Taehyung has exceptional hearing. That, and he had heard the bell attached to the door signal someone's entrance.

"Oh, there you are! Nice of you to finally show up." He smirks at him from where he's wiping down a recently vacated table. "I honestly thought you'd been murdered. You're never late."

Yoongi wants this day to end already. He really doesn't feel like he has the patience to put up with Taehyung's antics today. Sensing a tenseness in Yoongi, said co-worker stops his cleaning and gives him a concerned glance. "Is everything ok? Did something happen?"

He sighs and lifts a shoulder. "Nothing serious. It's just my alarm clock broke so I woke up later than usual."

The look of concern is quickly replaced with a mix of relief and exasperation. "I thought something bad had happened. You had me worried for a second. A bloody broken alarm clock." He shakes his head.

"As if." Yoongi snorts."It's true! I was just about ready to fight someone if required. Break a bone or two." As if to prove his point, the young man links his fingers, palms forward, and proceeds to crack his knuckles in a somewhat intimidating manner.

"Who's fighting who?" The boys' manager, Kim Namjoon, appears right behind Yoongi, almost giving him a heart attack. He can feel his heart racing a mile a minute uncomfortably in his chest. Taehyung quickly goes back to cleaning the table, whistling cheerfully as he does so.

Whilst Namjoon's tall height and signature stern expression would be intimidating to just about any stranger, Yoongi knows otherwise. This man right here could not hurt a fly. In fact, he is sure the man would probably break down and cry, maybe even go so far as to apologise to the poor insect in his deep, soothing voice.