~ Christmas Day ~

Time is an interesting concept. Intriguing is its ability to creep in the shadows, constantly moving, always shifting as days turn to weeks and then into months and so forth until it is suddenly Christmas morning. For some, the beginning of the most magical day of the year. A day that has arrived in the blink of an eye. With his workplace closed for the day due to the public holiday and with no plans until much later, Yoongi could afford a much-needed sleep in. And so with nothing to stop him, he remains asleep for as long as possible.

He is half-way through fending off a poor, defenceless sheep from a raging dragon when he is rudely woken up by a notification from his phone. He incoherently mumbles to himself in annoyance. Who could possibly be texting me at this time on Christmas? He is certain he had explicitly mentioned to Namjoon and Taehyung not to try to contact him until after eleven o'clock. Surely they could respect his wishes this one time.

Everything is momentarily blurry as he attempts to blink away sleep. He hits the home button and squints at the time. 10:58am.

"I swear to God if one of those idiots decided it'd be funny to text me already, they're dead meat."

The notification displays an unknown number.

Definitely not Joonie or Tae. Wrong number?

He unlocks the phone and opens up the message.

❄️❄️❄️

???
Hey Yoongi! It's me Jimin :)
Merry Christmas!!!
I can't wait to hang out today

❄️❄️❄️

Jimin. Of course. He had forgotten they'd exchanged numbers last night. A montage of Jimin's soft smile and crescent moon eyes from their night together invade his thoughts, causing the corner of his mouth to tilt upwards slightly.

❄️❄️❄️

Save name as 'Cinnamon Scroll'?

Yes // No

Cinnamon Scroll
What time are we meeting up?

Yoongi
If it isn't too early, how does 11:30 sound?

Cinnamon Scroll
Perfect!
I'll see you then
Meet out front of your café?

Yoongi
Great 😊

❄️❄️❄️

Yoongi flies out of bed and heads for the shower. He has half an hour until he is to meet with Jimin. Not a lot of time to get ready. Well, it is enough usually. But today is a special day. He wants to look his best. No point turning up looking like a slob. He would not be caught dead looking anything less than his best in the presence of the absolute angel that is Park Jimin.

Hard, cold water hits his back and shoulders, washing away any grime from his tired body. Five minutes later and he is out, towel wrapped around his torso as he rummages through his drawers for a presentable outfit. His hands come across a red sweater with LOVED written numerous times across it in thick, block lettering. This is Christmassy enough, right? He picks out a pair of flowy, ankle length jeans and rolls up the bottoms. A pair of red Nikes finishes the look. He swiftly runs some product through his mint-green hair, deciding to ruffle it for a more 'natural' look. You know, the one that will look like he tried but not too hard?

With a quick glance in the mirror, he deems the look acceptable and heads out the door, grabbing his warmer coat, phone and wallet in hand.

He makes it to the café first. That is to be expected though, as Yoongi arrived five minutes early. Jimin is nowhere to be seen so Yoongi preoccupies himself with plugging in earphones and pressing play. He shuffles his feet to keep them from freezing and warms his hands up with his breath. His gaze returns the streets, zeroes in on a single figure with a mop of bright red hair, setting him apart from the sea of brown and black.