~ 2 ~

The next morning is equally as quiet. Most people are either choosing to stay home or too busy working to come in for a coffee. Yoongi likes the calmness it brings, allows him to settle into a routine. It is also yet another freezing day with the temperature at -2°c. Yoongi isn't complaining, it just means his shift requires less social interacting. And he has the luxury of a working heater. Suits him just fine. He had arrived on time this morning, thanks to setting an alarm on his phone. No way was he going to chance it with his body's clock for he is as far from a morning person as one can get. A portion of this week's paycheck will go towards a new alarm clock, but for now, his phone will suffice.

Taehyung shuffles around the room making sure nothing is out of place. The good thing about Taehyung is that as well as his exceptional hearing, he also has a meticulous eye for when it comes to cleaning. Yoongi's noticed, he likes to keep things spotless, even if he complains whilst doing it. Namjoon is making a start on orders for the next week; their supplies are beginning to run low. He is hidden away in the storeroom.

It isn't long before an elderly couple seek refuge from the elements and situate themselves in a booth where Yoongi shuffles over to take hand them their menus. The woman smiles sweetly at him with pearly whites and bright eyes. The man simply grunts in acknowledgment, looking over the menu with a scrutinising eye.

"I'll give you a moment to decide, would you like a glass of water whilst you wait?" Yoongi inquires, mentally switching to hospitality mode.

"Yes please. All that walking has caused a thirst in me that needs to be quenched," the elderly lady muses, then refers to whom Yoongi assumes is her husband, "He'd also like a glass."

The man grunts in affirmation. A man of few words it seems. Easy.

Yoongi bows, first to the man, then the woman. "Coming right up."

After taking care of the couple, not much else occurs until a good three hours later. The door opens once again and a certain beanie wearing, cinnamon scroll boy rushes in, teeth chattering like mad. He huffs and shuffles to the same booth as yesterday. Oh, how adorable.

Taehyung pokes his head up from where he's cleaning the counter vigorously and mouths to Yoongi, "is that him?"

When Yoongi confirms this with a nod, Taehyung lets out an excited little squeal before making a shooing motion towards the boy as if to say "go get him."

Yoongi rolls his eyes, deciding to pointedly ignore his co-worker, before taking a menu with him and presenting it to the boy. Cinnamon scroll boy nods his head in thanks, offering a small smile and looks over it briefly before making up his mind. It becomes obvious the boy is ready to order so Yoongi takes out the notepad and pen from his "overalls."

"One cinnamon scroll and one small hot chocolate, please."

 Yoongi quirks his mouth upwards at that. "Same as yesterday I see."

This makes the boy smile again. Such a sweet, innocent smile. It is doing things to Yoongi's heart that he can't say he dislikes entirely. Although now isn't the time to indulge with his fleeting whims.

"Is that all?"

"Yep."

"Be right back." Yoongi finger guns as he turns his back to the boy. What the heck? Did I just finger gun?

He is so close to strangling himself that he has to grip his knuckles hard by his sides to avoid moving them and allowing them their wish. It is at this moment though that a thought strikes him. So he turns back around. "May I ask what your name is?"

The boy smiles lightly, surprise flickering across his eyes before it smooths out into a quiet confidence. "Of course. My name's Park Jimin."

Yoongi had not known just how much of an effect a name could have on him until this moment. His heart feels like it just did a somersault then got catapulted off a ninety-foot building. "Nice to be properly acquainted, Jimin. I'm Min Yoongi. Just Yoongi is fine."