~ 4 ~

A/n
Start playing the song when you reach the line, "After demolishing the delicious meal, they stroll down numerous streets,"

As predicted, the day drags on for what feels like forever. He can't wait for the hour hand to hit four o'clock. Customers are sparsely situated about the shop and so there is few to serve; most had come earlier in the day for a coffee or snack for the road. Everyone is too busy finishing up any last shopping, whether that be for food or personal goods, before stores close for the next couple of days. Yoongi starts rocking on the balls of his feet whilst clenching and unclenching his fists. Taehyung looks over at him from his place at the window and stops his cleaning.

"Yoongles."

"What?" Yoongi snaps. He hadn't meant to, it just happened. His patience is hanging on the thinnest thread out there and it's just about ready to break. There's already an apology on the tip of his tongue but he doesn't get to utter another word.

Unfazed, Taehyung replies coolly with, "can you please relax for a moment? I get that you're excited but it's distracting. Bouncing up and down isn't going to make time magically speed up. You're even putting some of the customers on edge."

Yoongi freezes. He hadn't realised he'd been making enough noise to disturb anyone but his own distracted mind. He pouts slightly, sending Taehyung an apologetic look, who just rolls his eyes and turns back to his cleaning, back bent forward and hands scrubbing vigorously with the tattered rag soaked in soapy water. "Just chill. Go find something productive to do."

Glad he hasn't upset his friend and fed up with waiting patiently, he finds himself a new distraction in the form of singing Christmas songs. He hooks his phone up to the cafes speaker and shuffles his "Ho, Ho, Ho, Bishes" playlist. Nothing like a good tune to calm his anxious conscience. Taehyung's head whirls around at the speed of light as the first notes of 'All I Want for Christmas is You' fills the otherwise quiet room.

They make eye contact and Yoongi winks. Taehyung breaks out into his signature box grin. Together they begin to sing, Taehyung, with the voice of an angel and Yoongi – well he can't say he's terrible but he's nowhere near the angelic tone of his co-worker. "I— don't want a lot for Christmas. There is just one thing I need."

Yoongi grabs a pair of tongs off the top of the counter, using it as a microphone. Taehyung does the same with the bottle of window cleaner he's been using. As one they start dancing, belting the words in harmony with each other. The commotion draws the attention of every customer in the shop. Some stare, gawking at the show whilst others laugh at the antics, some even whipping out their phones to capture the moment.

Namjoon hears the ruckus and comes out to see his two employees tangoing with each other as they dance about the room. He snorts and shakes his head. "You idiots."

Noticing Namjoon watching them, Taehyung slides over and grabs their manager's hand, still singing the words, "I just want you for my own."

Yoongi takes the next line. "More than you could ever know."

Namjoon laughs and completes the chorus. "Make my wish come true— oh baby all I want for Christmas—"

"Is youuuuuu." They all finish together. The perfect trio.

The singing and dancing continues on and on. Yoongi can't be sure just how much time has slipped away, having been completely engrossed in the music and his friends' laughter. They're in the middle of singing to "Underneath the Tree", when the bells above the door ring.

"I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" A bright giggle follows these words.

Yoongi knows that voice. Oh, how he enjoys hearing the laugh that plays such a pretty tune. A tune unlike any other and far glorious than the music playing now. He feels his heart do a somersault.