~ 3 ~

A grumbling stomach and the blaring sound of Wannabe by the Spice Girls greets Yoongi first thing in the morning as weak sunlight filters through the cream coloured curtains blocking the world from his bedroom. He groans at the incessant singing, reaches out blindly to silence the alarm before proceeding to sling his phone halfway across the room. He drops his arm by his side then turns over onto his side, burying his head further into his pillow and screws his eyes shut in an attempt to catch the last tendrils of sleep before they escape him for good.

Not a minute goes by, however, when he feels the sharp pain of an empty stomach. Deciding he can't put off filling it any longer, Yoongi kicks of his bedsheets and heads directly to the sink, where he splashes some warm water over his tired face in the hopes of waking more fully. It seems to do the trick for a glance at the mirror shows a somewhat alive version of himself. Though his eyes look bright and alert, the dark patches under them remain. Sleep had come somewhat easy to him after his day of working the counter and tables, but one good night's sleep could not magically erase years of a disruptive sleeping pattern. A shift of his focus upwards reveals bleached blonde hair with darkening roots. He will have to make room in his upcoming schedule for a much needed re-dye.

After minutes of contemplating whether or not to have a late breakfast at home prior to visiting his workplace, the decision is made for him, courtesy of his depressingly bare cupboards and pantry. It is during this moment of annoyance, directed at his past self for neglecting the single, simple task in his wonderstruck haze that had overcome him the previous night. This train of thought leads back to the reason he's going to the café; Park Jimin. Shaking himself into action, Yoongi throws on a coat and beanie and saunters out the door with purpose in his stride.

The café is full of people when Yoongi arrives just as lunch time rolls around and the sun has risen to its peak. Taehyung and their other co-worker, a feisty tomboy known as Amber, are busy buzzing routinely from one table to the next. It is a rare occasion for the shop to be this crowded, especially during this time of year. Customers are seated at just about every table within the small building. Yoongi can't help but feel proud. It means business is booming and the loss of income from the previous month will be paid. Though worry seeps in when he notices that even Namjoon is working the counter, looking out of breath. It would be unfair to label Namjoon as lazy - for that is far from the truth – the fact is simply that his usual job is to fill out important forms and stocktake, jobs considered as behind the scenes as opposed to on the frontline.

Yoongi arrives at the counter to greet the young manager. Namjoon doesn't even look surprised; Yoongi always visits the café on his days off. Says he prefers the coffee. "You here for your daily boost of energy?" Namjoon asks, knowing full well it isn't the only reason for Yoongi's visit.

"You know me so well," he flashes his signature gummy smile. "The usual please."

"Make it yourself," Namjoon deadpans then goes back to whatever he had been previously preoccupied with.

Yoongi huffs, feigning annoyance. "Some service you've got going here. Don't know how you managed to reign in so many customers."

Without stopping his task, Namjoon replies with a grunt.

Yoongi leaves him to his business and gathers the ingredients for his beverage. Thanks to his knowledge of the place, he has all he needs in no time. As he is making the coffee, he searches for a potential place to hole himself in for the time being. Every booth is occupied but the one in the far-left corner – the very one Jimin seems to have made his own. Hope he doesn't mind me taking his spot.

He situates himself in the seat facing the wall, not particularly feeling like making accidental eye contact with any of the other customers. Socialising, no matter how miniscule, intimidates his introverted self and so if presented with a way to avoid, he would take it in a heartbeat. Taehyung has done a brilliant job with the decorations; red tinsel lines the edge of the off-white ceiling and little ball balls are attached to hooks at even intervals in a red, green and gold pattern. Cute. Little candles are in bunches scattered on benches, glowing warmly. There is a little chalkboard sitting on the counter with "Merry Christmas All" written in capital letters along with the specials for the day – mochi balls and ice cream being one that catches his interest. Photos of his co-workers and himself grace the walls that could easily be mistaken for family portraits. The notion isn't far from the truth. Yoongi can consider just about any of them as family. They are as close to a family as Yoongi has in the big city. They are more than he could have hoped for.