Chapter 6

Little Vivian made his way through the facility, with a lit bulb in his hand. It was lights out, but Vivian set off to make sure everyone's doing okay. He crawled through the vent leading to the Circus Gallery and scanned the room. He saw Elly resting peacefully, but didn't see Ennard. Ennard must be in the Scooping Room. I need to encourage him not to tamper with the Scooper. Vivian then went to Ballora Gallery, Funtime Auditorium and finally to his true destination; the Scooper Room. Vivian looked up and stared up at the large door.

Comparatively, little Vivian was quite short but his hand could almost reach the doorknob. He stepped on his tippies, grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. The door swung inwards hypnotically, letting out a creepy creaking sound. Vivian peeked inside to see Ennard's back facing him. He carefully made his way to the clown and tapped his shoulder once. Ennard didn't respond. He just kept staring at the wall in front of him, his knees brought up close.

"Ennard?" Vivian called out, his voice echoing in the dimly lit room. He placed his small hand on Ennard's metallic shoulder, his hand making contact with cold metal.

"Huh? Oh, hello Vivs." The clown responded with a frown.

Vivian's eyes gave a glow and then appeared back to be normal,
"So..." Vivian began, "what's up?" Ennard's forced smile faded and he turned his gaze back to the glass window. He recalled what happened yesterday night —

«"WHY ARE YOU TRYING SO HARD TO SEPARATE HER FROM ME? AM I THAT DANGEROUS?!" » He took a break in between. Ennard's pale blue eyes were now glowing bloodshot red, just like his hair.
"EVEN IF THAT FUCKING BASTARD FINDS OUT, I WILL DEAL WITH HIM PERSONALLY IF HE LAYS A HAND ON MY FAMILY!

He felt guilt.

He felt guilty for going out of control and yelling at his best friend. He didn't mean to do it, but the thought of someone being taken away from him terrified him.

Ennard sighed,
"Nothing much," Ennard began, "just — recalling something that happened last night."

"Ah, I see." Vivian replied, "The shattered glass explains it all." He mumbled to himself and blinked. He shook his head and stared at Ennard for a short time without saying anything.

"Ennard, it's okay."

The clown looked at him with a dead expression, "we're all broken down here." Ennard felt an ease sensation. At least he knew he wasn't alone.

Ennard sighed and got up,
"Where are you going?" Vivian watched him walk towards the door and halted in front of it.
"I'm going to go to Elly. I can't just drown myself in my own worries when she needs me by her side."

With that Ennard left the room, leaving behind a baffled Vivian all by himself.

🌱

R.A flipped to the last page of the book she was reading and soon pinched the bridge of her nose in disappointment. Are you kidding me? That was literally the WORST ending I've ever witnessed in a book. She got up and placed the book on the wooden bookshelf. I wonder what's up with authors not giving their characters a blissful ending. She walked out of the room but, something was off. As she proceeded through the stretched out hallway, the atmosphere felt oddly cold. The dragon felt the chilly air blasting on her face, and felt a shiver going through her entire body. Huh? What the? What is the weird scheme? It seems like the more I proceed further, the colder it gets. That's strange. This doesn't really affect me as I'm a winter dragon and I've got a crazy amount of fur but, I'll ask Funtime Foxy about this.