Truth or Lie

Returning to the Celestial Heavens rather than Kunlun Mountain, Mo Yuan made his way towards Taichen Palace to report, after all, the issue with the South was partially his fault and seeing as Di Jun would have a better grasp on how far exactly this Queen planned to go, if at all, he decided to gather as much infomation as he could before meeting with Haode whom he knew would be wanting a word with him, especially after that morning.

There were so few people that Mo Yuan answered to, but Di Jun and Haode were two of them, so preparing himself for a scolding from at least one of them, he purposely marched through the wide arch and into a forecourt fit for an ancient God whose life of luxury and decadence was as legendary as the man sitting behind his writing desk lost in thought.

"So you came back." Di Jun stated the obvious without raising his head.

"Is there anything I need to know?" Mo Yuan asked without preliminaries as was Di Juns way.

"Only that she has returned to the South and threatening to return in order to break every bone in your... and your lady friends.... bodies." Di Jun replied with the smallest of smiles seeing as it was something he would very much like to see her try.

"And the alliance...?"Mo Yuan asked sighing.

"Is all but cancelled."

"A shame, she would have made a valuable ally." Mo Yuan merely replied to a high rise of Di Juns brows along with his head.

Placing his brush down on its holder, he finally looked at the man dressed in pastel green and suddenly his eyes began to narrow.

"Who exactly is your lady friend?" he asked as he took in the flushed cheeks, the smile still plastered to his face and even the more casual way that he was standing.

"Well, that is why I am here.  I actually do not know her name exactly because she has yet to give it me, so I am hoping that you might know or have heard of the Peach Tree Groves fairy." Mo Yuan replied before taking a seat at the low table where a tea tray suddenly appeared.

"So a Forest fairy you don't even know the name of, not only has you wearing pastels, arriving late for meetings, insulting high profile guests and causing us to lose our greatest alliance, yet here you are wondering who she as if this morning is no consequence?" Di Jun looked at him pointedly and not at all pleased to see his old friend slipping.

"I have an invested interest in her and I came hoping to learn her name, you are also a friend of Zhe Yans after all." Mo Yuan replied a little too tersely and not liking the pointed observations that were once again making him feel like a wayward child.

"And is this invested interest worth more than an alliance with the South?" Di Jun asked and ignoring the pursed lips hovering over the tea cup.

Sighing, Mo Yuan looked at his old friend with a shake of his head.  He really did respect the mans ability to see the bigger picture, but just once, he wished that he would at least agree that Mo Yuan was not a pawn and nor should he be bullied into a marriage he did not want while at the same understanding that he was also entitled to a private life.

"Like I said, I have an invested interest in her and how the South sees it is of no concern to me." he replied gruffly and making it clear that unless Di Jun gave him his Shifus name, then there was nothing left to discuss.

Di Jun did understand, perhaps far more than any other, because having grown up with Mo Yuan since children, he knew how precious the world was to him, so for a mere Forest Fairy to unsettle things between Realms and for Mo Yuan to allow it, suggested that the young lady had finally succeeded where no other woman had, but still.