Epilogue

Three months.  That was all the single life Mo Yuan and Bai Qian had left before they would move onto the marriage path and a union based on mischief, fun, laughter and endless smiles.  It took a lot of effort for her mother to split two up so that the wedding arrangements could be completed within the Fox Den and on kunlun Mountain with the addition of the Peach Tree Grove which Zhe Yan had allowed them to use for the official ceremony seeing as that was where they had met.

Though none dared to ask why they wanted the alter placed beneath one particular tree, because one look from Mo Yuan had the question quickly swallowed back.  He knew it would cause untold gossip seeing as it was the exact same tree that the Goddesses had tried to gain his attention, but then again, he kind of liked the extra attention his little Shifu was gaining for herself.

Not only were women the world over furious at having lost him to a seductress which the Fox women were known for, but every male who had attended the Peach Festival were just as heartbroken, having hoped that Mo Yuans childish jealous rage had turned her off him.

But not only were they all invited to the wedding, but so was a certain Southern Queen who not only accepted, but she also decided that she had one more mischief to pull before she had to let him go for good.

Now resting in the den having spent the entire morning being fitted and refitted for her wedding gown, Bai Qians mind once again returned to Mo Yuan and what he might be doing.  They had been apart for three days so her family could prepare their own wedding invitations which required her presence, but also the banquet and of course the dowry which her parents along with Zhe Yan had prepared for her.

Mo Yuans gifts had already been delivered by Die Feng and Ting Ting . This was his very first official visit to the Realms on his Shifus behalf, and he initially arrived looking very smart in his new traveling robes and on his very best behaviour.  In fact, Die Feng could not fault his impeccable manners and attention to detail when the gifts were officially handed over.  Only the moment his eyes landed on Lok, then they immediately left for a tour of Qing Qiu.

It seemed as if the two had hit it off from the very start which was heartening to see.  Of the entire Fox Clan, Bai Qian and Zhen Yan, were the only ones who could communicate effectively with Lok, but not only did Ting Ting learn his language very quickly, but the two were both preparing for a special guest, one that Lok informed Ting Ting needed special attention.  And no sooner were the two flying out the back door to haggle for what they would need with the few coins that Mo Yuan had given him to spend as payment, then the first of many elders gatherings commensed which required Bai Qians presence.

For one month, both Mo Yuan and Bai Qian were kept very busy visiting their friends and families to share wine, tell stories and relive old times, and before either of them knew it, the wedding day had arrived with a beautiful clear sky and warm breeze which carried the sounds of fireworks and loud singing all the way from Kunlun Mountain to Qing Qiu where Bai Qian was handed over to Mo Yuan who very gently placed her into the palanquin which had once belonged to his mother.  

The master carvers of Qing Qiu spent untold hours refurnishing, polishing and touching up the unique yet beautiful carvings that decorated it, and with peach blossoms added to the embellishments, the palanquin would become a family heirloom to be handed down through the generations.

The ceremony itself was as boisterous and lively as Bai Qian and Mo Yuans first meeting which in many ways signified the kind of marriage they would have.  She was as bubbly and mischievous as Mo Yuan was straight faced and stoic, but the smiles were counted and added to the very long tally that they had decided to count as part of their own private wedding memories.

But the icing on the cake came from Lok and Ting Ting.  Lok had already filled Ting Tings head with all manner of stories regarding a certain Southern Queen, so she was pointed out to him right from the start.  To the onlookers that knew both boy and sprite, it seemed inconceivable that a friendship between the two could be as strong as it was.  But no sooner had the banquet begun then the guests began to mingle.  Held on Kunlun Mountain, the vast grounds were open for a brief time for tours and a chance to see the inner temple should they so choose and it was here that Wang Jiu decided to have the last laugh on a woman she didn't think she would ever stop hating for taking the man she had fought long and hard for.