Arrogance

Bai Qian knew the moment she left him behind with the Sprites still pulling on his hair, that everything had changed but it took the entire night and morning to actually figure it out.  Her mind was a whirlwind of emotions and at the base of it all was her High Ascension trial.

Mortal men were far less refined so less reserved in their approach to women of beauty, if anything, she considered mortal men to be nothing more than beasts, after all they were uncultivated, had not yet learned all the lessons of the heart and nor did they consider women equal to them save one, and that was the Empress.

Of course Mo Yuan was different and she would have been highly disappointed was he not.  But there was still the base hunger that drove the Mortal men, it was highly seductive in nature whether he was trying to be or not,o nly what she felt the day before, went beyond that and it wasn't just the heated lump that was pressing in between her legs either.

It felt even more primal, almost beastly and the more dwelled on the fear she had felt beneath the insane desire her body was feeling for him, then a sudden thought hit.  He was not only bedazzled by her, but the very baseness of the man, that beast that dwells below the surface and had possibly been kept under a centuries old tight rein, had broken free.  Only this wasn't what was distressing her, because the revelation was so unexpected that she felt sick to her stomach that she, the most beautiful woman ever born had unintentionally released his beast and made him fall in love with her.  Rather it was her own feelings for him.

That moment when he forced her down, dominated and arrogantly began to take what he wanted, her entire body caved.  This had not happened in the Mortal Realm, in fact she had fought tooth and nail to keep the mortals off her, only with Mo Yuan, something within herself had also changed.  She liked the chase, the adrenaline rush as he chased her down but most of all, she liked what he did to her, she liked that rumble of his, she loved the way he was kissing her neck and above all of that, she had been willing to submit, to take it further and she would have had the sprites not interfered.

And she may have given him a little cheek to bring it to an end, but the disappointment she had felt when she left the grove was still with her.  She could still feel his arms around her, the soft warmth of his kiss along her jaw, the lump between her legs that had taken on a life of their own and opened out beneath him.  Which only had her questioning why she was so affected.

If anything, her trial had taught to be wary of all men, in fact she had no real liking for them and had returned from her trial with a strong desire to remain celebate forever.  Only now, she wanted to run to him.  She wanted those deep mysterious eyes of his on her naked body, she wanted to hear that soft gentle voice whispering terms of endearment across her heated flesh, she wanted crawl into his lap, throw her arms about his neck and let him take her and it was only as these crazy thoughts began to send her mind into a frenzy,  that an understanding took hold as she pulled her floppy hat down over her head.  She was bedazzled by him.

__

Mo Yuan on the other hand had slept well.  Not only did he rise earlier than normal, but he meditated deeply and felt far more refreshed than he had in a very long time.  In fact, the smile on his face was rather infectious when he arrived in the dining hall for breakfast.  The conversation was light and unhurried as he took his time to enjoy his tea, and the moment it was over, Mo Yuan lingered with his students a little longer.  He knew they were feeling out of sorts having given them little time over the past few weeks, but that morning, his boys were left in no doubt, that though their Shifu was busier than normal, he had not forgotten them.

Now heading into the Grove for what he hoped would be a more succesful day, Mo Yuan had only one thought in mind to ensure that it was.  He was over two hours early, and the moment he reached their tree, then Mo Yuan turned his face up towards the flashes of yellow, being the choice of gowns the sprites had chosen to wear that day.