Chapter 10

Deja and I woke up the next morning to find Michael, not in the bed?!? Where could he be? We both got up out of the bed and went around the corner to his bathroom. There he was! He wasn't faced toward us. I don't think he knew we were there. He was faced toward the mirror doing something to his face. This was very odd to find him doing because he doesn't usually look at his face in the mirror. He doesn't like looking at his face whatsoever. There was a quiet knock at the... so quiet I don't think Michael has heard it.
"You stay here-I'll get the door." I told Deja.
I walked down the stairs toward the huge double doors. I unlocked them, and opened them to LAPD. Two officers were waiting there to tell me something I wasn't ready for. They had that sorrow look on their faces, their hats off of their heads.
"Ma'am, we have something to tell you. I assume you are a friend of Mister. Jacksons." the first one said.
"As of today, June 25, 2009, Michael J. Jackson has passed away from overdose of a drug named propofol. He passed this morning, at the local hospital here in LA, at 5:25 am. I'm so sorry to have to tell you this." I started to get a little freaked out.
"Can you give me a second, please?" I asked.
"Yes ma'am."
I went back up the stairs to the bathroom where Michael and Deja were at.
"Michael." I said.
"Yes, Jayden?" He said, still facing the mirror.
"Are you really Michael Jackson?" I asked.
"Of course, honey. Who told you I wasn't?"
"Michael. Turn around."
"Jayden, sweetie, I'm a little busy here."
"Michael. Just turn around. Let me see your face." I keep demanding.
"Jayden, I said I'm-"
"MICHAEL! TURN AROUND OR ILL TURN YOU AROUND MYSELF." I yelled.
"Jayden calm down!!! Get ahold of yourself, now!" Deja told me.
"Deja stay out of this!" I said back.
"Why are you acting like this, Jayden?" Michael asked.
I walked over to Michael and turned him around myself. Deja and I both screamed loudly.
"Who- who are you?" I said, with tears pouring out of my eyes. Deja, too, was crying. The man looked at us in dismay. Did he have facial makeup on his face the whole time? Is he an impersonator? This is so not fair. He, who is not Michael Jackson, ran off with a scared look on his face. Out the double doors he went.
"HEY! STOP RIGHT THERE!" The officers yelled. Deja and I looked at each other. We grabbed each other as fast as we could, and would not let go.
"Why did this have to happen to us?" She asked me.
"I don't know, okay? We both thought it was Michael Jackson. We both thought that it was the first time to meet Michael Jackson. The officers told me that Michael Jackson died this morning. That means we'll never get to meet him. Ever."