Chapter 3

When we get to the mall, it's all decked out with back to school supplies. It's been decked out for a while, but the more I see it, the more annoyed I get. School sucks. At the mall where I live, you have to walk through a Walmart to get to the actual mall area. It's not that big of a deal, I mean, I love Walmart as much as the next person. 

"Wait!" Krissie near shouted as we zoomed through the store.

"Ugh, what. I wanna get to H&M." Hannah groaned.

"I need new hair elastics." she protested. 

"Fine."

Hannah was always kind of like this. She wasn't rude by any means, she was just...blunt. This had its pros and cons. But I'd been best friends with her since the 2nd grade and I liked being friends with her. For reference, she kind of looked like Robin from Stranger Things. But not really, just the same hair and personality. She wore a lot of earth tones and thrifted stuff, and I think she's gay but I don't know. I wouldn't care anyways, like, I'm bi myself, but I like guys most of the time.

Krissie on the other hand, was Hannah's polar opposite. She loved makeup, and bright colours. We'd only known her since the sixth grade, but she was as close to us as ever. Krissie was very kind, but would definitely punch you if you said something rude, and she'd done it before. She wore a lot of leggings and cute tshirts, and oh, she loves Riverdale. 

When we finished getting the things Krissie needed, we started heading for the checkout when Hannah said, 

"Don't look now, but your "hot" English teacher is getting food from the grocery isle."

I stood up straight, but didn't look like Hannah said, "What!?"

"Oh my god that is so sad he's getting three frozen pizzas."

I couldn't not look any longer. I whirled around and sure enough, there he was.

John Mulaney. 

Hannah hit me on the arm.

"I told you not to look!"

"Sorry."

"What do I do!" I panicked.

"Nothing."

"What do you mean?"

"Y/N we're in the middle of a Walmart checkout line, I think you're kind of stuck. It's fine, you'll see him every day, now move up, Krissie's already at the cashier."

I groaned and moved up.

When we left Walmart I looked back a few times to see if I could catch John, but we seemed to have lost him. Or rather, I seemed to have lost him. The others didn't really care, I guess. We spent the rest of the day perusing the stores, and I got a few things. I got a really cute flower top, some sunglasses and a new case for my phone. 

We were heading back out when I bumped into someone and my biggest dream and nightmare simultaneously came true.

"Oh my goodness, I'm sorry- Mr. Mulaney." I said, a stone dropping in my stomach, erupting in butterflies as well.

"Ah, don't worry about it. You can make up for it by showing up to class on time tomorrow." he said, in a tone I couldn't decipher. Was he mad? Joking? Happy? Was I overthinking this?

"You're never gonna let me live that down huh?" I ended up saying.

"First impressions are always the most important, see you tomorrow." he said, leaving. I waited for a second then face palmed myself.

"I wanna die." I  murmured. 

"So that's the guy you like." Krissie piped up.

"Not just "the guy". I've been in love with him since, like, grade 11. And now he's my teacher."

"Which makes it even more illegal but okay." Hannah said under her breath. I gave her a look and she smiled apologetically.

"What am I gonna do?" I groaned, sitting down on the bench.

"We'll figure something out." Krissie assured.

"I hope so..."