Chapter 4

The party was in full swing and everyone loved the special guests. They came up with a cover story that said Bruce is the long lost older brother to Tony. He went to live in a smaller city with some old family friends who died when Bruce was 8. When he took over their company he became a big shot. He started adopting kids in bad situations. 

First was Dick, the only survivor of a freak accident in the circus where his family performed. Next was Jason, who had just lost his mom to an overdose on heroin and was living alone on the streets. Then came Cass, who had just escaped from her abusive parents. ("She is staying with our aunt right now.") Finally, there was Tim, the boy was already part of the family long before he was adopted. They even explained how Bruce didn't know about Damian until only a few months ago because his mother never told Bruce.

They set up Barry to where he was an old friend of Bruce's. He always had his nephews with him. Wally is best friends with Dick while Bart is best friends with Tim. The boys love causing trouble no matter where. Tim and Jason were the 2 most dangerous to make mad. Unlike their father, they loved using massive revenge schemes and do not make them both mad, you might not survive.

The party was almost too easy for them to hide in. Bruce and Barry chatted with some scientists while keeping an eye on the boys. The boys were talking amongst themselves in groups. Dick, Damian, and Wally were in the back talking to 'Falcon' and 'Warmachine'. Jason, Tim, and Bart were in the middle of a big group of girls wanting to date one of them and scientists wanting to pick Tim or Bart's brain while Jason kept all of them from going too far.

Nat and Clint were waiting till the crowds were gone before they asked some questions they have been wanting to. Dr. Banner and Tony wanted to pick at Bruce, Barry, Bart, and Tim's brain after the party. Thor and Steve just wanted to get to know them better so they can help if need be.

"We should probably get going," Tim says dragging Bart with him. "We promised to spend time with our family at the party. Our little brother is very grumpy around people he doesn't know."

"But, Bart isn't related to you," an older scientist pointed out.

"He promised to spend time with his cousin," Jason said.

"But, they should both be out here within 30 minutes," Tim promised.

"Finally, what took you guys so long," Damian complained.

"We had to get away from all the scientists that are banned from Bruce and Barry's group," Tim explained.

"Hey Wally, you're going to have to join Bart in the crowd soon or they will start hunting for us," Jason said.

"Joy, okay we will wait 10 minutes before heading out. That gives me enough time to brace myself for all the questions and gives Bart time to rest for a bit," Wally said tiredly.

"How are you 2 holding up?" Dick asks seeing them on edge.

"Okay, I guess. Not sure what I am feeling right now. I'm enjoying the new people around us but, I miss home." Tim replies honestly.

"The people are interesting, that's for sure. Clint reminds me of Roy so much," Jason says sadly. 

"I hope the girls are doing okay without us. We left them with a mess to clean up," Dick says worriedly.

"They are fine, Grayson. Why do you worry so much? You know they won't let anything happen to Gotham," Damian says calmly.

"It's not Gotham he is worrying about, Damian, it's the girls because they won't stop until they know we are okay," Tim says knowing both his brother's thought process.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Gotham

"Where are they?" Catwoman demands Joker.

"Who? Oh, you mean Bats and his little birdies? Or do you mean the 3 speedsters they were with?" Joker laughs crazily.

"All of them. Now, where are they?" Batgirl says as calmly as possible.

"Where are my brothers and father?" Black Bat asks nearly snapping when he just laughs at her question.

"Not here that's for sure. Not sure where though. Another dimension, perhaps?" Joker ponders.

The girls leave the room having got their answer. Going back into the city to finish patrolling for the night.

"Did you get all that, Oracle?" Catwoman asks while fighting some muggers about a block away.

"Yes, I did. Batwoman, do you copy?" Oracle asks after sending her birds to take Joker back to his cell.

"Yeah, I copy. What do you need me to do?" Batwoman asks ready to move. 

"I need you to lead the birds for a few days while I get a rescue team ready. Can you do that for me?" O asks. 

"I- yeah, I can do that. Good luck, O," Batwoman says surprised.

"Thank you, Cat you are in charge of Gotham until the birds are in position. Do you understand?" O asks. 

"I understand, Oracle.  Do your thing," Catwoman says immediately.

As the girls are heading home, Oracle is contacting the people she will need. She sends the following message to them:

This message is a priority Beta. If you are free for the next 5 days at the minimum please read the rest of this update.

As of last night, May 23, at approximately 11:59 pm, some of our heroes were hit with the dimension gun that had recently been stolen from Star Labs earlier in the day. The following heroes are:

Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Red Robin, Robin, Flash, Kid Flash, and Impulse.

If you have received this message you are being asked to become one of the members on the rescue team. Send me your answer within 2 days or you will be left behind.