Chapter 5

The party guests had all left and it was only people within S.H.E.I.L.D or they were part of the heroes themselves. They had all been introduced to the 'special guests' and told the true story. Everyone was attending the small after-party.

"So, what is your plan to get home?" Sam asks Bruce.

"We are hoping to use the lab for one," Bruce answered.

"But we know our sisters and aunt will come looking for us if they haven't already started," Dick said quickly after, seeing the look Tony and Banner were giving.

"Who do you think Babs will ask to be on the rescue team?" Jason asks to break the ice.

"Probably people who are connected to at least 2 of us," Tim suggests.

"People she trusts won't give up easily," Dick says immediately.

"Like who?" Tony asks.

"Oh, there are over 50 people who could come on that description alone," Jason says.

"Why aren't the speedsters saying anything?" Thor asks.

"We don't have the clearance to know all the details about everyone," Wally says.

"Yeah, from what I've heard being a Bat gives you instant access to all hero secrets if you pass some tests," Bart says vibrating.

"What are the tests?" Banner asks.

"Figuring out the secret for one," Jason says.

"Figuring out the secret identity of other heroes is another," Dick says.

"How do you figure the 'secret' out?" Steve asks.

"I knew he was Batman since I was 9, Damian was told by his mother, and the others used clues he left behind. Dick figured it out within a week and Jason was about 2 days," Tim answered.

"Okay, what about the other test?" Clint asks saving another question for later.

"Oh, simple hacking into the Batcomputer and the classified files in the Justice League marked 'For the Bat only', "Dick says.

"Well in my case, the heroes that spent the most time with the Bat were easy," Tim said.

"Right, let me guess, Damian was told by his mother?" Sam said.

"Yeah, though I'm pretty sure the last test we've all had to do," Tim says looking at his brothers who all nodded.

"What?" Tony asks.

"Well, we call it 'Robin Training', " Jason says.

"What...?" Clint says looking confused.

"Oh, if we can pass 'Robin Training' within a year we get free access to all the files any main Justice Leaguer has access to, we have to hack for the rest," Tim says.

"But, you were out within a month of being adopted," Wally says pointing at Jason looking confused.

"Oh, we are allowed out on the street once we complete the first half of our training, the second half is how we perform in the field. The final test is either helping/freeing Batman with/from one of the main villains of Gotham without being captured. It usually takes a couple of weeks before they notice." Jason says knowing it will explain enough of their questions.

"What do your villains call themselves?" Tony asks.

"Well, most of the big names are known worldwide. We have: 

Joker, the main villain. Two-Face and Penguin, who are gang leaders. Mister Freeze, who only shows up when he is off his meds. Scarecrow, who just causes mass panic and fear. Clayface, who just makes a huge mess. Ra's al Ghul, Damian's Grandfather, also known as the Demon's Head or Leader of the League of Assassins. Riddler, who is helpful when he has his medicine.

Then we have the Gotham City Sirens, Gotham's female villains:

Catwoman, an anti-hero, Posin Ivy, who lives in the park when she is free, and finally, Harley Quinn, Joker's ex-girlfriend who was his psychiatrist in Arkham." Tim explains as much as is allowed.

"Um.....Wow! Let's get off this topic shall we?" Tony asks unsettled.

"Absolutely! Hey, Thor how does your hammer work?" Wally asks wasting no time changing the topic.

"It can only be lifted by those worthy to rule Asgard," Thor explains.

After all the Avengers and their friends try Tony points out they haven't tried. Wally went first then Bart, it didn't move for either of them. Barry said he didn't need to know. Bart challenged Tim to try to lift it.

"Yeah, Drake, you try," Damian pushed. 

"Fine," Tim said getting up and walking over. He put one hand on it and pulled, acting like he was just picking up one of his tools, and it lifted off the table.

"WHAT!? You are just a human child! How?" Thor asks confused.

"It's not as heavy as it looks. Here, Jay, you try," Tim says handing it off.

"Hey, you're right. Do you want to try?" Jason asks looking at Dick.

"Sure," Dick says grabbing the hammer, "It's lighter than it looks."

"Let me see, " Damian demands, grabbing the hammer quickly, "-tt-, this weighs nothing."

"Hey, let me try again," Tony says. Damian hands him the hammer and it promptly takes him to the ground.

"How can you lift Mjölnir?" Thor asks confused.

"What?" Jason asks.

"He means the hammer," Clint explains.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because we are all natural-born leaders. Bruce trains all of us to know how to lead or take up the mantle if need be. We all do good under pressure," Dick replies.

"Except for when it strikes a sensitive nerve," Jason says honestly all his brothers nodding in agreement.

All of a sudden a high pitch squeal erupts putting the Flash and Bat-family on instant alert. A beaten-up robot walks out muttering about strings and killing. When the wall on either side break as more robots fly-in and start attacking. The heroes all start fighting back readily. The Bats and speedsters immediately start working like a well-oiled machine with no words passed between them. While the Avengers and the others were unprepared. The Avengers eventually figure out a plan that is quickly put in action.

"How did you guys do that?" Tony asks, after the fight.

"We have worked together for years and we know how everyone fights. I've led the team we nicknamed 'Young Justice'. Batman is the main founder of the Justice League and led them for over a decade. All experienced heroes have fought side-by-side with a Bat," Dick explains.  

"We also understand what all heroes call 'Batenesse' or Bat-talk. Any hero that is friends with a Bat eventually learns how to decipher it," Barry explains.

"What is this 'Bat-talk' you speak of?" Thor asks.

"It is silent communication that you have to learn or you will be left behind. Trust me all heroes have to learn it at some point," Dick says.

"I remember it only took me a day to learn. What about you guys?" Jason asks.

"I knew it beforehand," Tim replies.

"It only took me a week," Dick said.

"It took me 6 hours," Damian says calmly.

"Of course the bats were quick, it took me about a year to fully decipher it," Wally says.

"Same," Barry and Bart chimed in.

"So, it is easy if you are around it all the time but, hard if you only see it in the field," Clint sums up.

"Basically, yeah," Dick answers.