* d i r t y | s a n t a *

Today, we gather around an evergreen tree, trimmed with glowing lights, glittering garland, and glorious bulbs. A single golden star sots on top. The bottom of the tree is wrapped in a red skirt sewn with love and passed down generations. Figurines, and stockings, and pillows decorate the rest of the room. In the kitchen, Christmas cookies, eggnog, and other holiday favorites sit ready for the upcoming party.

The Lipstein residence is ready for their youngest to hold a Dirty Santa.

"Xavier!" Mrs. Lipstein calls to her son from the stairs. Zavi walks out of the kitchen, a cookie shoved in his mouth, to meet his parents. "We are heading out now."

Zavi swallows and nods his head. "Okay, have fun!"

His father, fiddling with his cuff, peers up at his son. "Remember, we have cameras outside. I'll be paying attention to who is coming inside."

Zavi smirks. "Aw, Pops, don't trust me?" He laughs. "Come on, I'm not Michael."

Zavi's brother, two years his elder, had a habit of throwing parties when their parents left. Sometimes, he was very good at cleaning up before their parents returned; sometimes, they found them in full swing. He is the reason the Lipsteins have so many exterior cameras.

Mrs. Lipstein pats her son's cheek affectionately. "I know my precious boy." She places a kiss to his other cheek. "We will be back after midnight."

"I expect you to be alone by then." Mr. Lipstein tells him. Then he sighs, "Have fun tonight." He places a kiss to the top of his son's head. His youngest is nearly out of high school. It feels like yesterday, he had three small children running around their first, smaller house.

At that moment, the doorbell rings.

"Come on, Sweetheart." Mrs. Lipstein walks to the door with her husband in two. She opens the door to a familiar face. "Alexander! How nice to see you!"

Alexander smiles. "Hello, Mrs. Lipstein. You look lovely as ever."

Mrs. Lipstein responds with a laugh.

"Hello, Doctors. You both look nice." Sammie smiles from behind her brother.

Mr. Lipstein smiles. "Oh, we aren't stuffy, Sammie. No need for Doctor formalities."

His wife grins. "It can get a bit confusing with two in the house. But, thank you, Dear. We have a benefit at the hospital tonight."

"And we are going to be late if we don't leave soon." Mr. Lipstein says gazing at his watch.

His wife sighs. "Yes, yes, alright." She turns to the teenagers around her. "You all have fun tonight."

"But not too much!" Her husband says as he walks out the door.

After they have left the driveway, and the Taylors have entered the house, Zavi smiles wide. "Let the party begin."

( : ( : [] : ) : )

Everyone has arrived, small packages in hand. They now cover the floor under the tree. The people sit on the couch, chairs, and floor with cups of hot chocolate and eggnog.

Zavi pulls a Santa hat off of his head and throws a wad of paper into it. "Is everyone ready to get dirty?" He winks in the direction of Sammie and Valery; Sammie's cheeks go hot and pink. "It's time to draw numbers! Coco, you first!" He tilts the Santa hat in the mentioned girl's direction.

Coco pulls a folded piece out of the hat and reads it aloud. "Four."

One by one, everyone draws a number.