I can't believe it..

CHAPTER 26

Elijah POV

I was so mad, why the hell did my parents have to walk in. I was so close to being inside of her. I walked out of the office and went downstairs and saw my mom and dad in the kitchen. “I’m so sorry, we didn’t mean to interrupt you, son.” my dad said. My mom rolled her eyes and walked up to me and whispered something in my ear.

“Son, I want grandchildren.” She said. I ignored her and looked toward my father. “What is it that you have to tell me?” I asked in a bored tone. “Well son, you know that your brother, Liam, has been away on pack duties and will be back in less than two weeks or so.” He said, I nodded for him to continue.

“Well I was thinking of giving him the alpha position of my pack. I’m old and I need to spend time with my wife.” He said while looking over at mom and smiling. “That’s a great idea dad.” “So I was wondering if I could use your grounds to make the announcement when he comes.”

“Sure.” I said. I knew what my dad meant by ‘use your grounds’ if he uses my grounds he won’t have to spend any money, I will have to do it but I didn’t mind.

“Thank you. Well you may go back to what you were doing, or should I say who you were doing.” My dad said. Pervert. I gave him a ‘are you serious’ look and my mom slapped his shoulder. “Well that’s it son, we’ll be heading back to our pack now, but we’ll be here for the announcement.” He said. My mom came and gave me a hug and a kiss and then they left.

I sighed and passed my hand in my hair and that’s when I realised that I wasn’t wearing any shirt. So I went back to my office but Lydia wasn’t there so I decided to take a shower and check on her later.

**

“Will you please leave me alone, woman.” I said. After I had my long shower, I went downstairs and saw Lydia looking at tv so I didn’t bother to interrupt her so I went in the kitchen to get a glass of water. I was about to walk out when I saw a face that I didn’t like.

Leah.

She stood there looking at me seductively, don’t get me wrong, she is beautiful, but I just don’t seem to like her anymore. “Why, aren’t you happy to see me?” she asked with a mischievous look in her eyes.

I rolled my eyes and walked and rest my empty glass on the kitchen counter. “You like her more than me, don’t you?” she asked. “If we are going to be honest with each other, I never liked you, and yes I like her way more than you.” I said. I could feel anger radiating off of her. “I don’t want to be the one to remind you that her father was the one who killed your mate.” She said putting her hand on my shoulder.

I got so angry, I was about to tell her something when she pulled my head toward her and started kissing me deeply. I wanted to push her away but for some reason I kissed her back. I lifted her up and put her on the counter and continued to kiss her harshly.

I don’t like her, but I still kept on going. Then I heard a car driving off I moved my eyes to look out of the kitchen window and saw a black SUV pulling out of my driveway. Then something hit me, I was kissing a girl I don’t care about or even like.