Chapter 31

Trent

My wolf growled pacing around my head as the display was ending.

I looked around the field and almost winced at the sight. The demons were all gone and any of their bodies were now ash, blood stained the grass along with some body parts. Those demons were ruthless, I looked around to see pack members being helped some of them hopefully unconscious I heard the cries of some as most lost their mates.

‘What’s your problem’ I growled out as my wolf continued to pace growling now and then making me on edge.

‘Mate mine’ he growled possessively while I frowned in confusion, Violet?

I looked around and began to panic when I saw Violet nowhere in sight and my wolf wasn’t helping. ‘Mate mine’ He growled as he fought for control.

What’s with him?!

I sighed in relief when I saw Violet appear from the edge of the forest her katana in hand and something else, however before I could see it glowed before disappearing thought I caught sight of red.

My wolf took the opportunity of my distraction and took control of me. Marching towards Violet he growled pulling her into him burying his nose into her hair.

“Mine” he muttered breathing her scent in.

‘What are you doing’ I screamed from the back of my mind as I got over the shock.

‘Something you are too afraid to do, she is mine and no one else’s’ He growled the last part his grip on Violet getting stronger as I watched and fought for control still confused.

Honestly what’s with him?

 My wolf calmed as he inhaled her scent and I took the opportunity to regain control.

I sighed in content feeling the sparks before I was pushed away. “Are you calm now?” She spoke emotionlessly making my wolf whimper.

“Uh yeah” I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly and almost whimpered with my wolf as I saw her relax at my answer.

“Good” She walked away this time making me whimper.

She paused as she and Alayna made eye contact before looking away and round the field.

“Great a funeral to plan” She muttered before stalking away. Avoiding all eye contact with Alayna who was staring at her with worry and disappointment.

Ok well that weird.

‘Clean this up’ I linked my members ‘and get the bodies ready for the viewing’

‘Alpha, some of the bodies are in pieces or missing some pieces’ a member linked me making me wince at the statement.

‘Just get all you can’ I sighed. Who knew demons were so vicious, Violets training didn’t compare to the real thing.

I shook my head getting rid of my thought. ‘And make sure to keep an eye on the mates to those who have died’

I sighed and turned towards the pack house. Violet is right though we have a big funeral to plan.

I’m in charge of the place and time along with the preparations such as the preachers and the burial sites, Alayna was in charge of the food and decoration while Violet was in charge of the bodies.

This should take about two days or so from what I saw.

 I sighed getting out of the shower before going to bed blocking out today’s events I fell into a deep sleep.