At midnight? (expensive headphones) [part 1]

(warning - this one starts of weird but trust me it gets cute, also it has two parts if you didn't notice. ok now read it)

       Michael knew what he needed to do. He was getting paid 500 dollars for this. The guy who paid him refused to tell him who he was killing. The guy just said to look for a 'Rich Goranski' in some apartment complex 30 minutes out of town. In this job, Michael isn't allowed to ask why, he just has to get the job done and get paid.

       He drove to the exact complex and saw a short man with a red streak in his hair and several tattoos that were filling the man's arms smoking a cigarette outside of the complex. Michael took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. He tried to not make contact with man but failed. "Looking for somebody?" The man asked. The hair on Michael's arms spiked up. His heart rate boosted. He thought he was in the clear. He obviously couldn't tell this man the truth.

      "No, just wandering around." Michael responded while avoiding eye contact. "At midnight?" The man said after he blew some smoke out of his mouth. Michael didn't respond. He didn't even look at the clock when he left his house so he had no idea how late it was. He started to wander more. Trying to see if he could find a guy that would looked like a 'Rich Goranksi'. The man watched him. He knew something was up with Michael. "Do you happen to know of a 'Rich Goranski' that lives around here?" Michael asked. "Well yeah, that's me!" The man said.

       Michael lost his balance and fell into the shallow end of the pool that was at the apartment complex. Rich ran over and got him out of the water. "You alright man?" He asked Michael. Michael's vision was blurry since his glasses were slowly sinking to the deep end. He didn't want to speak and he was sure his head hit the bottom cause he got a rush and could barely keep himself up. Despite his height, Rich helped Michael over to his apartment. 

       Michael woke up to a blurry view of a ceiling light that was hanging right over him. He was laying on some sort of couch. He completely forgot about the last 24 hours. He smelled some sort of cinnamon smell coming from what he assumed to be a kitchen. He tried to sit up but then his head suddenly filled with extreme pain. "Oh you're awake." Michael heard a voice say. He next heard footsteps running towards him. Then he suddenly felt a bag on ice hit his head. He grabbed it and placed it where his head hurt the most. He still didn't know where he was or why.

       "I was able to fish your glasses out of the pool last night. You really hit your head hard. Once I got you here, you were fast asleep." The voice handed Michael his glasses. Michael put them on and turned to his left. He couldn't quite figure out who it was. "Who are you?" He asked. "I'm Rich Goranski, you were looking for me last night I think." Everything suddenly came back to Michael. He jumped off the couch forgetting his pain. He then ran to the drawers and grabbed the first knife he could find.