At midnight? (expensive headphones) [part 2]

"WHOA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Rich yelled as he backed away from Michael. "I'm supposed to kill you!" Michael said back. Rich was very concerned and scared. "WHY?" He yelled back at Michael. That question stumped Michael. He had no idea why he was doing this. He wasn't allowed to know. Rich was confused when Michael froze. "You are in the shittiest business man." Rich said. Michael dropped his panic and walked back over to the couch with the knife still in his hand. Rich didn't know how to react.

       "Ok dude please put the knife down." Rich slowly walked towards Michael. Michael's eyes were filling up with tears. He threw the knife on the table in front of him and put his face in his hands. Rich grabbed it and then put it back where it came from. Michael was breaking down. Rich headed over to the couch and sat next to Michael. "Care to explain why you needed to kill me?" Rich's heart was still beating fast but he knew he needed to talk to Michael.

       Michael took a deep breath and started to explain as much as he could. "I don't know why. The guy that was going to pay me for this refused to tell me. He refused to give me any more information than where you live and your name. I'm really sorry. I just needed the cash and I've trusted this guy with other things for years. It's obvious that you shouldn't die." Michael started to cry again. Rich pulled him into a hug and Michael hugged back.

       "What's your name?" Rich asked. "Michael Mell." Michael responded. Rich's head popped up like a dog that just heard someone say 'treat'. "A-are you good?" Michael asked. "I went to school with a 'Michael Mell'." Rich mumbled. Michael then realized something himself. "Wait, RICH?" He realized who was cradling him. "MICHAEL?" Rich replied. They both proceeded to fall on the floor and started to laugh loudly.

       Once Rich got his bearings he spoke. "You were about to kill me?" He said. Michael remembered the situation. "Damn, I should've recognized who you were when the guy told me your name. I'm sorry." He said. Rich didn't care. "Man don't worry about it." They both awkwardly laughed.

       "Well, what now?" Michael said. "We do this." Rich pulled Michael's lips onto his. Michael pulled away and his face was very red. He couldn't speak. "You don't know how long I've wanted to do that." Rich said without breaking eye contact. "I didn't mind it. Can you maybe do it again?" Michael suggested. Rich did exactly that. 

Prompt: Michael was sent to kill Rich but they got hurt and now Rich is naively nursing Michael back to health and Michael just cannot do this.