2.Pine roads and us

It's Christmas day, Kong waits for Arthit at their spot, yes in these ten days of dating they have got their spot too..it's beside the coffee shop owned by Arthit's dad, at the mall where they first met. He finishes his barista duties to join Kong for his evening lessons at the skating ring. Kong has improved a lot and he can even skate independently though he loves to hold onto the gloved hands.

" Today I have to leave early Kong, as I told you yesterday, my step dad's extended family and relatives are coming. Let's stop after this one round ok?"

" Ok" Kong doesn't say anything, but he feels bad that on the Christmas day Arthit is abandoning him. But they have kissed and gone out on official movie dates on the weekend twice, though kept on meeting every remaining evenings in the guise of the skating lessons and a coffee afterwards, but they have not called each other boyfriends yet. They are just exploring dating as Arthit likes to call it, Kong agrees, they are just getting to know each other but still his face falls hearing Arthit's words.

" Hey, are you upset? You want to come to my house for Christmas dinner ?" Arthit cautiously asks, fearing rejection, may be Kong has plans with his office colleagues and Em. He told him so, last time they spoke about the house party. But seeing his crestfallen face Arthit tries his luck..

" No ,no I don't want to make you feel awkward."

" Kong, I didnt ask you before because I thought, you will feel I am moving too fast and make you feel awakward, but seriously I will love you to join me for Christmas dinner, so will you do me the honour Mr Sutthilak, to be my Christmas date?"

" Seriously?"

" Dead serious, but sure you don't want to go to your office party?"

" No way Arthit Rojanapat, I am all in for a traditional Christmas dinner and family thing with you." Kong gives his million dollar smile, flooring Arthit..

" You know you can make the king dance to your whims with that smile of yours" Arthit caresses his cheeks with one hand as the other hand is still in Kong's grip as he is skating away quite fast now..

" Yours is no less you know that right, that dimples are so cute, do you even know that."

" Hey stop it, let's go..you get ready I will pick you up in half an hour, the Christmas traffic will get quite heavy and our family cabin is quite far away.."

Kong feels more than happy, he has always seen in movies family cabins and Christmas dinner , today he will experience something similar in real life. Em cannot help but smile when he enters their joint room all hopping and singing a happy tune..

" Someone ultimately, shamelessly asked himself out, I can see, poor Arthit he doesn't know under the sweet facade lies a manipulative mind, bending everyone to his whims"

Kong gives him a strong punch in the arm

" Stop spouting nonsense, he himself asked me out..and I am going to his family cabin for Christmas dinner, you die rotten eating with those old men and women at the office party. Don't turn into stone due to boring mess ok?"

Em runs behind him wanting to hit him , Kong has already locked himself inside the bathroom laughing evily. Soon the bell rings and Kong come out dressed in warm black coat and looking dashing as usual, he has given himself a flying kiss in the mirror, but he stops short when he sees Arthit. The man looks divine in black and emerald green combination.