3. family affair

Kong has never expected such a huge family gathering, when Arthit spoke about family dinner so nonchalantly, he assumed it as just close family and his father's side relatives neither he expected such a huge house.

He always suspected Arthit to be rich but this is much beyond expectation. The family cabin looked beautiful and quaint at a first glance but it has wings connecting another wing and it's majestic inside . There are about fifty guests and all are so well dressed like they just stepped out of a winter fashion magazine sporting latest style.

Kong follows Arthit who is laughing with his elder sister,Kria,who has discovered the duo earlier kissing outside. She has quickly acknowledged Kong and all but dragged Arthit inside, Kong holding on of his hands firmly and he never releasing the grip. The party is in full swing, everywhere there are Christmas decorations and mistletoes dangling to trap unsuspecting guests, there is candle light and tiny bulbs lighting all the stairwell and everywhere visible around and a gorgeous woman is playing the grand white piano while singing a beautiful romantic song.

Many guests with sparkling wines and aged whiskey are enjoying the show egging her on for more.. Kria drags Arthit to a older man resembling her more in his blue eyes and blond hair than Arthit.

" Dad look, Arthit brought a date, his name is Kong."

Arthit's step father laughs and shakes hand with the now embarrassed young man.

" Kong, merry Christmas, great name, my Thai is kind of rusty, have picked it up from his Mae. So forgive me for any mistakes. So do you live here?"

" No sir, I came here for some engineering project work by our company, Siam international for two years ."

" Two years, hmm," he glances at Arthit once who is busy laughing at some joke by kiara.
Kong doesn't fail to notice something unknown passing through his mind, something melancholic, but he immediately gets back to his best host self again..

" Okay, that's great. Enjoy the party , Arthit take Kong to meet your mom, she is hyperventilating without seeing you by now."

" You are always exaggerating dada, come Kong..let's meet mom, Kiara leave my side and entertain the guests , I will be fine, Kong is here with me." He pushes his sister forward to the guests. Kong is surprised by his dialogue but Arthit is pulling him towards another side of the house not letting him dwell much on his words.

This part of the wood mansion is filled with older woman, Kong can guess Arthit's aunties since he is engulfed in hugs, viciously smothered with all the attention and everyone talking to him almost at the same time. Arthit still has not let go of his hand , the aunties seems well aware of his sexual orientation because when they realize Kong's presence he is equally showered with bear hug love and almost smothered in big bosoms similar to Arthit's fate, and celebrated like being the prized trophy boyfriend.

"Hey leave my Oon alone, you desperate old women." The woman hurriedly comes near them and snatches them to herself and squeezes both them together to her small frame..Arthit wriggles out and gets Kong out too from the love assault.

" Mom, let us breathe, you are worse than all of them."

" How mean, you got a boyfriend and I know now , why Arthit Rojanapat?"

" It's just been ten days, we know each other Mom. I brought him here for you to meet, appreciate that before scolding me" Kong is really enjoying this crazy family. The aunties have again surrounded them, and very discreetly some of them are pinching Kong's cheeks or checking out his biceps by pressing his arms and he can only politely smile. All are so grandly dressed but such naughty group of women, he can't help but feel amused..

" So Kong, Thailand, parents settled there?"

" Yes mam, all are there. I am the first one of my family to come so far and staying for job"

" How did you meet Arthit?"

" He was teaching me skating."

" Arthit you started skating again, when are you going to tell me that too? Are you planning to keep everything hidden again!"

" Mom calm down, stop overreacting. I am ravenous, is there no dinner , I have to drive Kong back too, it's getting late." Kong is enjoying the mother son banter but hearing food his stomach grumbles.

" Dinner time , Arthit is hungry and his boyfriend too" and that's it, they are dragged to the dinner table , magically his sister and father also appear and all the guests in the beautifully decorated twenty tables setting, in a huge red wood panelled dinning hall with candlelights adorning all the tables and the huge fire place roaring and filling it with warmth. The biggest Christmas tree Kong has ever seen in a private house, adorned with various gifts complete the perfect Christmas postcard.

 The biggest  Christmas tree Kong has ever seen in a private house, adorned with various gifts complete the perfect Christmas postcard

Casual conversation follows and all the tables are soon full of laughter and teasing . Kong observes wisely, that all of the guests are giving special attention to his boyfriend and him. They are like the chief guests of the party and his boyfriend is the only one sane among them and not drinking even a drop, since he has to drive back. Kong feels proud of his man , and the sound of the tag boyfriend feels him with amazing tingling sensation all over.

Arthit keeps on asking what he wants and serves him all that he fancies on the table and all of them are too yummy. Kong enjoys the food and the funny loud company. They may be high society but all the guests are closely knit and have no attitudes instead all are enjoying pulling each other's legs . They definitely are close friends and cousins though living far away from each other are all invested in each other's lives and knows what's going on and keep a tab on it.

Arthit seems like the most closed one and loves his privacy so obviously they pry more. His parents and sister don't help the situation at all, and Arthit is red in anger and embarrassment by the time they board the car again almost at midnight.

Kong is laughing though, his whole life story, his previous affairs, his academic results, his family wealth including the number of kisses and the extent of their relationship everything has been discussed and postmortemed, but all in good humour and jest. None of them making him feel awkward, only amused.

But one thing that stands out odd to him, through the whole fun night was when just before leaving Kiara pulled Arthit away from him..he could only hear the words two years which was spoken loudly and the hug in which kiara looked upset before releasing Arthit.

That made Kong think , is Kiara thinking he is playing with her brother. But Kong has fallen for this sombre, private, graceful man with a playful side and boisterous family to brag about..

He can't even wait for Arthit to meet his side of another level of crazy family. But tonight he has full plans to start where they stopped in the elevator and the car..he can't wait for the journey back home in the lonely road far away from the maddening crowd..

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

A/n:: a little glimpse of main plot has started appearing..there will be little clues here and there

This story will have time jumps ...present and past..

Enjoy the ride..