Part 34

Chapter 34

It took some time to repair the Lost Revenge after the storm that shook the Isle. The dock itself was also so badly damaged that both Uma and Harry had every pirate working double time to return it to its usual state of disrepair – at least how it had been before had been functional. Camilla in the meantime was busy handling her mother back at Hell Hall. The storm had torn off a few loose shingles from the roof and several puddles now littered the floors. It gave Camilla a headache tiptoeing around her mother's frazzled brain - which  was finally coming to terms with the fact that Carlos had abandoned them for a life of goodness. Not that it helped Camilla any and the wise part of Cruella's mind, the part that knew her daughter had been absent for far too long, didn't help things. When she wasn't complaining she was viciously interrogating her daughter. "Where had she been?" "What had she been doing?" "Who had she been doing it with?" and of course Camilla told her mother everything but the truth. Her relationship with Harry was still a secret she kept far from her mother's ears along with the fact that she'd turned pirate and had been socializing with a 'gang of ruffians' who the De Vil woman looked at with disgust. Camilla even had to hide her more pirate-ish outfits in the back of her closet to keep that knowledge from her mother. She had been able to quickly put together an outfit that was suitable to wear around Hell Hall, – a skill Evie would have appreciated - a simple black button up with sleeves that she had rolled up to her elbows, the cuffs and collar decorated in Dalmatian fabric. Her pants were her red skinny jeans that had holes patched with black tape that she'd paired with black and white spotted converse and red leather gloves that had been a very old gift from Evie. Her hair had grown out since the storm and now ended at her collarbone the length turning her curls into waves.

She didn't like that she had to share her home now either. Since the damage the storm had caused Horace and Jasper and their sons Harold and Jace had been ordered by Cruella to clean up the mess. Camilla was thankful that even with Carlos gone his chores didn't fall onto her shoulders. The thought of her brother left an odd feeling in Camilla's chest, the last time she'd seen him had been at the battle and Harry had told her that her own flesh and blood hadn't turned back to help her even when he'd seen she was badly wounded. As much as her villainous side wanted to listen to Harry and treat her brother like the turncoat he was there was something new inside her that she just couldn't shake. Ever since she'd seen him in the brig she couldn't help but think about how much more mature he looked since Ben's coronation. Then her mind wandered to cotillion, surely Evie would have made sure he looked his best, but did he bring a date? Did he have fun – until Uma showed up anyway – did he slow dance? Something coiled in pain at the thought that her baby brother was growing up and she was missing it. She remembered their talk when he was behind bars, was their relationship broken beyond repair or could it still be salvaged? Carlos hadn't seemed upset that she'd left him in Auradon to go back to the Isle in fact he seemed understanding. Would he forgive her if she asked? Then she shook her head ridding herself of those thoughts. Villains didn't ask to be forgiven and that's what she was, a villain, her mother was a villain her boyfriend – she still refused to call him her true love it was just too serious of an emotion – was a villain, her crew and every friend she had was a villain. So she pushed the idea of making up with her brother, of her old gang and of Auradon aside and got to work. There were lesser villains to terrorize and she couldn't let her reputation suffer.

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - - 

"Trim that sail!" Harry shouted walking across the deck of the Jolly Roger. Uma had taken charge of repairs for the Lost Revenge so Harry had returned to the Roger to oversee the crew. It was difficult for him, he hadn't been on her decks since that run in with Mad Maddy not to mention it was where his father had his final duel, "Tie down the main mast!"