Part 47

For Cameron, Who made every moment count. Everything you are. . . every smile. . . every laugh. . . every dance. . . every hug. . . every moment. . . you mean everything to us.

                                                                                      Descendants 3

Chapter 47

Uma and Camilla had made it to the Broken Bridge just as the Isle kids were saying goodbye to Mal and the others, there were so many people in the crowd that they two girls snuck by unnoticed. Camilla caught a brief glance of her brother among the crowd smiling but there was something in his eyes like his thoughts were somewhere else. She didn't have time to think about it as she helped Uma sneak to the barrier behind the crowd and wait for it to drop. There was a set of rickety old wooden steps that led under the Broken Bridge to the water, there were black sharp rocks nearby that if your foot touched you'd slide and fall right into the sea. The girls were perfectly hidden as they heard the car doors of Mal's purple limo open and close as the four got ready to leave and the moment the golden barrier opened Uma took her chance. She leapt off the steps and dove perfectly into the sea. There was a small bit of mist across the surface of the water as Camilla saw the small golden glow of Uma's shell necklace as she used its magic to transform underwater. Camilla saw one teal tentacle pop out of the water and waved goodbye to her just before the barrier closed with Uma on the other side of it.

- - ROTTEN TO THE CORE - -

When Camilla returned to the Lost Revenge she was greeted by Harry and Gil who were chatting about messing with Jay and Carlos. Harry was saying how he had gone looking for Freddie Facilier afterward hoping she could give him a tarot reading. He'd been hoping for some help on what to do the next time Carlos came to the Isle, he wanted revenge but at the same time didn't want to do anything that would upset Camilla. He'd been hoping the fortune teller would give him some answers but when he tried to threaten her to get his way she only rolled her eyes and refused to give him anything without payment. When he'd switched tactics and tried flirting that hadn't worked either. "There's no need to be rash, we can discuss this." He'd said giving her his most dashingly wicked smile but again he only got a scoff before Freddie said, "Your pretty face buys you a lot, but not my time." she'd snapped before she'd locked herself in the back room of her father's shop and he had to leave empty handed. But when Harry saw Camilla board the ship his sour mood changed, he scooped her up in his arms and spun her around catching her off guard but she enjoyed the moment anyway.

"Ah, this is more fun than I've had in a long while!" Harry said cheerfully remembering the broken look on Carlos' face and deciding to chalk that up as today's victory. He put Camilla down but kept his arm wrapped around her.

"Hey, where's Uma?" Gil asked looking around and noticing their captain wasn't back yet.

"Not here." Camilla answered, both boys turning to her confused though Harry looked a bit concerned.

"It's okay." Camilla assured him, "She got off the Isle, she's going to try and find a way to break the barrier from the outside so we can get off this prison."

"Did she say why?" Harry asked knowing this hadn't been part of any of their plans. Everything they did they did as a team and as much as Uma wanted to get off the Isle she wouldn't have done so behind their backs unless something had happened that made it absolutely necessary.

Camilla paused, she didn't want to tell them about her suspicions about what she and Uma had seen in the vision and worry them more, she knew they'd be on edge enough until Uma returned. "She said if she can get everyone off the Isle before Mal can then we can keep our power and ruin Mal's plans all at once."