Part 44

Chapter 44

When they got back to the Lost Revenge they were happy to see Uma pacing nervously across the deck waiting for them to return. When she saw the truck pull up she ran down the planks and onto the dock. Before they could regale her with their story they had to get Camilla inside where it was safe, they still had to worry about Cruella coming after her and Harry but while Cruella might be powerful and have allies but without magic none of the people Cruella could recruit would be able to fight against a ship armed with cannons. They brought Camilla inside and Diego checked to make sure she was okay before he gave her a hug and left saying he better get the truck back to Jace and Harold before their father's knew it was gone. The Facilier girls left too having both a shop and the Voodoo Arcade to look after and wanting to get back to the 'hustle'. They spoke briefly to Harriet about coming to collect later and she gave them a smirk which Harry thought looked like the start of a wicked partnership if the way Harriet looked at Freddie was any indicator.

Uma helped him bring Camilla into his room while she put Gil in charge out on the decks telling him if he saw anything or anyone suspicious get close to the ship he was to get her immediately. He climbed into the rigging to keep lookout as they tended to Camilla. Like him she was refusing to go to sleep and get some rest and as Uma convinced her to at least sit down while her body recovered his sisters approached him to make sure he was handling his own turmoil well.

"You should be resting too." Harriet scolded in her older sister way.

"I'm fine." He told her.

"You're stubborn." CJ said with a smirk and crossing her arms.

"Takes one ta know one runt." He said, the corner of his mouth turning up in a partial smile as he looked at her.

"You sure you'll be okay?" Harriet asked still worried and he nodded at her. She bit her lip then turned to CJ, "We should get back to the Jolly Roger, who knows how well Smee has been doing on his own."

"Yeah." CJ agreed, "And I can't believe I'm saying it but I actually miss the twins a bit."

They finished saying their goodbyes before the girls left and Harry turned his attention back to Camilla. She was sitting by the window at the back of his room looking out at the ocean, Uma was sitting next to her with her hand resting on Camilla's knee. He took a moment to think about how far both of them had come, when he'd first told Uma Camilla wanted to turn pirate the sea witch had scoffed like it was impossible the two would ever be friends and yet here they were, Uma looking out for Camilla and taking care of her not just because she was part of her crew but because she was part of her family. Then she got up and walked across the room leaving Camilla at the window looking out at the ocean, thankfully their view from this side of the Isle was free from Auradon on their horizon. Uma paused when she got to him.

"You've got it from here?" she asked and he nodded.

"I'll make sure she's alright." He assured his captain.

"Make sure to take time to take care of yourself too Harry." Uma reminded him before leaving them alone. He joined Camilla over by the window and sat next to her wrapping his arm over her shoulders.

"Yeh look like yer thinking hard about something." He said softly trying to get her to come out of her shell so her mind wouldn't plague her with all the bad things she'd been through these past few days.

"I just. . . don't know who I am anymore." She admitted leaning back into his hold. "I idolized my mother for so long and now. . . " she trailed off but she didn't have to say it, he knew what she meant.

"I know who yeh are." He said kissing her shoulder as she turned to him, "Yer Camilla De Vil, yer the gal I love, the gal I'd die for. Yer loyal to ya own and defend the few who've earned yer trust with a fierceness no pirate can copy. Yeh think without yer ma yeh've got nothing, but Camilla, ya turned pirate on yer own accord, not becuase yer ma said to or because of how she raised ya but because yeh wanted to. Yer the only one who was strong enough not to let Auradon change them and be tempted by all their fancy shiny things. Yer strong and that's not cause of yer ma, that's you. That strength is yer own, that cunning mind yeh have is yer's, who yeh are has nothing to do with yer ma because today yer the person who won not her. Yer on the winning side and she's the one who's lost. And knowing from plenty of experiences - too many for my likin' – losing you is the worst thing in the world, worse than an eternity on this rock and worse than any curse."