Part 11

"What are these?" Link asked.

Zelda peered around him. "Oh, those are just play swords."

He smiled. "Do you use them?"

"What can I say... I just like to feel cool."

"They look cool."

"And if you get hit with one, you won't die."

"That is a good thing."

"A very good thing," Zelda said with a chuckle as she moved around him and picked one up. "It's a replica of the Goddess Sword," she said.

"And this one is the Master Sword," he said as he picked it up. "Oh, it's heavier than I expected."

"Fake sword, not foam sword," she replied, playing with the one she was holding; spinning it around in her hand.

"Do you actually know how to use them?"

"I've watched some videos. Hired a tutor once."

"Like fencing?"

"No, actual sword play."

"That's really cool..." he said, running a hand down the sword.

"Do you want me to teach you?" she asked with a smile.

"Oh, heck yes," he said, then cleared his throat. "Yes, please."

~*~

After several lessons over the next week... Zelda found herself very annoyed. Not at Link, per se... but the fact that he was almost immediately picking up all of the techniques and rules and things. He was already getting better than her!

Had to be his namesake... that was the problem...

Zelda parried, then stabbed, then had to take a step back. Frick, again! she thought. Again she was about to lose.

And lose she did, a sword pressed to her chest.

"Dang it," she said, then laughed. "Teaching you was such a mistake."

"And I am so very grateful for your lack of judgment."

"One more go," she said.

"Fine by me," he replied, stepping back.

They started another round, and she tried. Tried valiantly, and for a few seconds it seemed she had the upper hand. Then she was pushed back, back, and then she brought up her sword to block, and was trapped between two swords and a wall of plastic cushioned obstacle. She held the swords at bay, with difficulty, until they went a little slack.

Link stared at her, and she smiled back. "You're too good at this," she said.

"Only as good as my teacher," he replied.

"Uh-huh, sure," she said, then rolled her eyes. The moment he began to pull away, Zelda lurched forward and disengaged their swords, knocking his out of his hand, then sliced him across the chest.

"Betrayal!" he cried out, clutching his nonexistent wound.

Zelda laughed, dropping her own sword to the ground before she grabbed him. "And to the final victor goes the spoils," she said as she pushed him against the wall and leaned in close. She smirked for a moment, their noses actually touching, then she moved and kissed him on the cheek.

He was flustered from the fight, and from her being so close. And... for the moment that he had thought that maybe she would kiss him. He didn't move for a long moment, and neither did she.

He raised a hand and put it on the side of her face. She tilted her head into his palm and closed her eyes, a gentle smile on her lips.

"You have such a beautiful smile..." he said softly. He wanted more than to see that smile on her mouth... he wanted to feel it too.

"And this smile is for you," she said, opening one of her eyes just a little. Then she opened both for a split second before she closed them fully again. She'd seen him moving in... and she was more than ready.

When his mouth pressed softly to hers, it was warm, and tentative, and sweet.

As he leaned back, she reached up a hand and stroked it down his cheek. "Cute boy," she said softly.

He smiled, happiness apparent in his face, but she could tell he was nervous.

"You did perfect," she said, placing her hand on the side of his face and stroking his cheek with her thumb.

He tried to mirror her movement with his own hand that was still on her face. It wasn't as soft as it should have been, but a good first effort.

She leaned up and put her other hand on his face as well, then slowly pressed her lips to his again. Before she leaned back, she kissed his cheek again.

His eyes were still closed, and he stayed like that for nearly a minute.

"Link, you okay?" she asked, a slight laugh in her voice.

"Perfect..." he said.

~*~

Hey guys, sorry for the intermittent updates... I do have a very good excuse for them! ^^;

I'm getting married next week.

If you've been with me long enough, or have read my 'Time with Sheikahzen' books, or listened to my streams, you may remember be talking about 'my Link' the one I call Bug.

He's the one who I thought about while I wrote Link in my fanfictions. Basically all of them. Even before we were together.

I didn't exactly base Link's personality on him, but I brought our interactions into my writing, and a lot of our inside jokes too.

He loves reading 'us' in my fics, and I love writing us too.

So thank you for your patience! I'll be taking a little hiatus the next two weeks at least here on wattpad, (wedding prep and honeymoon,) but I hope you still enjoy the story enough to wait for it! I should still be able to reply to comments though ^^

Wish me luck on surviving the wedding day! It's gonna be a long one... Stuck in a tight dress all day... Oof.

Bye bye for now~

Here is a drawing of us, because I can't post actual pictures :p