Chapter 3 - You Break It, You Brought It

Chaeyoung

I headed to my locker confident that soon Hanbin would be mine. Sure Jennie would be steamed, but I didn't care. If she had bothered to be my friend. I may have not done what I did. But as she has said more than once, "We're not friends."

Since we're not friends, that I don't feel bad about stealing her boyfriend. Okay, I feel a little bad but I'm still going to do it anyway.

I stopped by my locker and grabbed my books for the next couple of classes. Then I headed to Hanbin's locker to get the notes I supposedly needed to get. I just wanted to see if the potion has taken effect yet. I guess it takes at least a few minutes to take effect. The potion didn't seem to affect Joy or my parents right away or seemed to at least.

I walked confidently to Hanbin's locker where he was pulling out some notebooks. I put my best smile on as I walked up. Jennie was standing behind him, eyeing me oddly. She's always looking at me suspiciously when I'm around Hanbin. Disregarding Jennie, I walked up to Hanbin and looked him in the eye.

"Got those notes? I'll have them back tomorrow." I said.

He nodded and pulled out a notebook, which he handed to me. "Here you go Chaeyoung."

As I took the notebook, I looked right at him. He acted as he always did, friendly but nothing more. I thought that the potion may take longer to do its thing, with a bit of disappointment.

It was then I looked at Jennie who was quietly staring at me. She said nothing and just kept eyeing me. I thought her stare was odd, as it was not her usual look of scorn. She appeared to be simply studying me with great interest. But I wasn't interested in Jennie, so I said thanks and kept on going to my next class.

I looked back as Hanbin put his arm around Jennie and gave her a kiss.

"Come on Love Potion, do your stuff," I said out loud to myself.

The next class was Seungri's class and today I sat in the back. I didn't feel like getting called today. I had to act like a fish yesterday and he said I was rather unconvincing. Lord knows, what he'll have me acting like today.

A minute later Jennie and Hanbin walked in. Hanbin had an odd look of disappointment on his face. Jennie still had that strange look on hers. My spirits perked up as I thought, perhaps something may be starting.

But much to my surprise, they sat next to me. They have no occasion when there was no space elsewhere, but it rarely happened. it was even stranger when Jennie sat between Hanbin and me.

Heh... I get it. She doesn't want me to be next to Hanbin. Protecting her man so to speak. I thought as a smug look came to my face. Won't be your man much longer Jennie.

Soon after, Seungri climbed into the window and started to lecture on death scenes. I kept glancing at Hanbin who seemed to be paying rapt attention to the lecture. A moment later I suddenly felt something on my leg.

Cautiously I looked down to see, much to my utter shock, it was Jennie's black fingernail polished hand. I instantly froze with a deer in the headlights look on my face. The hand was resting above my knee. I couldn't move my eyes ways from the most improbable of all things, Jennie's hand resting calmly on my leg.

Then it began to move ever so slowly, much like a spider. Jennie began to move the hand up my leg. It sent an odd tingle that went through my whole body. I wanted to run in fear, but I was completely paralyzed.

What was going on? Jennie was touching me! I somehow managed to remove my eyes from her hand. To Jennie and Hanbin. Hanbinwas still firmly paying attention to the lecture.