çhâptēr 3

"And today another murder has been reported. Apparently the man was seen running into the woods, with police searching they have reported no signs of anybody there. Although, there have been reports of frequent screaming and a few men have disappeared. More news coming on that soon." Said a news lady, then the weather came on. "Looking over here in the west side of the U.S. it's going to storm. Strong winds may occur during the storm so-" Y/n had stopped listening when her mother came into her hospital room. "How are you feeling, dear?" Over the last week, Y/n has recovered significantly fast. "I'm fine, Mom. I just wanna go home."

"I know sweetie, But the doctor said you have to stay another night just to be sure your body still functions correctly. When you get to come home, how about some ice cream?" M/n asked her, placing her hand on Y/n's. "Sure." She said with a smile. "I'd like that."

"Great! I'm so glad you're feeling better. I love to see you smile, you remind me so much of your father." M/n said, returning the smile. "What's on the news today?" She said turning towards the tv. "Just the same old same old. But the murders are becoming more frequent." Y/n told her, shifting on the bed. "I think it's Jeff."

"Why do you think that?"

"Think about it, Mom. He killed both parents and stabbed Liu and I. But now Liu is gone too... I heard one of the nurses freaking out in the hallway. Perhaps, Jeff and Liu planned this?"

"Oh honey, I hope it's not them. They wouldn't do that... Well, perhaps Jeff might, given the circumstances, but Liu surely wouldn't. After all you have me to protect you, so don't worry about it."

"Yeah, I know that. I just hope that we won't be the next victims." Y/n said looking back at her mother. "We won't. Trust me. I have someone I met to protect us." Y/n gave her a confused glance, but her mother shook her glance off. Y/n was released the next day.

After coming home from the hospital, Y/n headed straight for the fridge. "Oh! boy! Real foooooooddddddd!!!!" She said, drooling everywhere whilst looking at the variety of food stored in the refrigerator.

M/n laughed and placed her purse down on the counter top. "What would you like for supper?"

"Scerdie!" She said with delight.

"Alright spaghetti it is." (Yes I will make up food names like I do in real life :D. Do you guys do that?)

"Thanks mom!" Walking into her room, Y/n plopped down on her bed. "Ahh! A comfortable bed! I could sleep for ages!" She gathered her things for a shower. After taking a long hot shower she got dressed and went down stairs and ate some spaghetti and garlic bread. "Thanks again, Mom. You're the best!"

"You're very much welcome! I just want to see you happy. After all you're the only thing I have left."

"Don't talk like you have nothing else to live for! You do this for Troy, Dad, Yourself, and me." Y/n told her mother wiping spaghetti sauce off her face. "I'll clean up the dishes. you just head to bed, okay?" Y/n said, hugging M/n.

"Are you sure you don't want me to clean up? After all, you were in the hospital for a few weeks" M/n asked, setting her plate down in the sink. Then hugged Y/n back.

"It's okay mom. I got this. Plus after all that laying down, I'm ready to stand for a few hours, or just move around some." Y/n replied back, starting to rinse off the dishes. "Goodnight, Mom, see you in the morning."

"Okay, good night dear. Make sure everything is locked."

"I will. Now shoo shoo." Y/n said laughing.

Waking up the next morning, Y/n walked down to the livingroom and turned on the tv. "More breaking news had arrived last night. Another family was brutally murdered. A message was carved into the victims wall saying, 'You're next'. Who could they be trying to warn?" Y/n went to pick up the remote and accidentally pushed the pause button. Before she hit resume, Y/n noticed a faint 'My Dear, Y/n.' in the corner of the screen, seeing as it was hard to see, unless you looked closely and hard, she played it off thinking her mind was playing tricks on her and resumed the TV. "That's just terrible!" Y/n jumped hearing the voice beside her. "Oh! I'm sorry honey, I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's okay, Mom. I'm just a little jumpy from the murders."

"Yeah, me too. Just when you have to go to school again, try to get through school safely. And remember, come straight home." M/n said placing a hand on Y/n's shoulder.

"I forgot about school! Well, I'm probably going to be bombarded with questions."

Come the next day, Y/n got ready for school and walked into the living room. "I'm kinda nervous about going back." She laughed nervously. "What if rumors are being spread?"

"Nothing is being spread. Okay? Just have a fun day and hurry up, you're almost late." Her mother told her lightly, pushing her towards the door after she gave her a hug.

"Bye mom! Love you!"

The school day went like it always does, but more people talked to Y/n. "Hey gurl! where have ya been? I missed ya!" Y/n's best friend, Tiffany, said, her thick accent very clear in her voice, walking out the door with Y/n as the bell rang.

"I have just been here and there, I'm fine, though." She replied. "See you tomorrow okay?"

"Ya gurl, sure whatever!" Tiffany laughed hugging her. "How bout we hang after you get home tomorrow?"

"Sure sounds fun!" Y/n said hugging her back. "And we are also gonna get Ice cream and do stupid stuff right?"

"Dang right gurl! Alright bye, my mommas probably a callin' me." Tiffany took her phone out of her pocket and walked away waving at Y/n.

"She sure is something." Y/n said waiting for her bus so she could go home and chill on her bed.

"Mom! I'm home!"

"Oh, good. Lunch is on the table for you." M/n said, helping take Y/n's book bag off her shoulders and placed it on the couch.

"Thanks mom. You're the best!" Digging into her food she got a text message.

Wanna hang out later?

'who is this?' y/n asked herself.

Who are you?

oh, right. I'm Dan.

How did you get my number?

Tiffany gave it to me. Said something about 'Give that girl a good time.'

Y/n's face reddened at this.

Please excuse her, She's just a crazy person. lol

I can tell, So about later..?

Sorry, but no thanks, I'm just going to hang with my mom. And if you haven't heard, I've had a crazy few weeks.

Okay, well see you soon then. I hope ;)

Putting down her phone she finished up and sat on the couch with her mother.

"You know, I miss your little self. You would always run around refusing to put on your shirt."

"And I remember when you would make me cookies." She said hinting she wanted cookies. "Want to go get some? I heard the new bakery shop just opened up."

"Sure, I wanted to try that out sooner or later."

Later that night, Y/n washed up the dishes from dinner and headed to the bathroom, took a shower, got dressed, then checked on her mother who was sleeping soundly in her bed. Plopping on her bed she pulled the covers over her head. 'Ahhh! so warm.' she thought as she drifted off. What seemed to be later in the night, Y/n heard a scream coming from her mother. "Y/n Run! It's the mur-" Her voice was cut off. Thinking of a way to escape, she grabbed her phone and ran to her window. 'Welp, I better get the heck away!' She pushed open her window and climbed out just in time to hear her bedroom door slam open, a low growl sounding just after the harsh slam of the door meeting wall. She ran faster and she went into the woods, hoping to get away. When she couldn't hear any footsteps but her own, she stopped and sat down and leaned against a tree. A loud scrawl was heard through the woods, but she played it off as random wood sounds and closed her eyes. Once again Y/n was almost asleep when she felt and heard breathing beside her.

*Edited*

Hope you enjoyed reading so far! Have a good one! --- Jenny