ONE

ˏˋ°•* THE HOUSE OF MEMORIES ‧₊˚.[THE HEROES OF OLYMPUS]

C H A N D L E R

chapter one: i meet my soulmate. kidding. unless..?
__________________________________________

CHANDLER BECKENDORF stalked through camp half-blood, a chilling air of false calmness surrounding her keeping other demigods at bay.

she walked calmly with her good friend, will solace, despite the literal chaos going on inside her beautiful head. though, the girl could admit, she wished they were reuniting on better terms, chandler was still beyond glad to seen him. as much as she loved her home, and how content she usually felt to be back at camp half-blood, she couldn't shake the dread weighing her.

the daughter of hephaestus had received an abnormal dream — which in demigod terms usually meant the world was ending since they quite literally seen glimpses of the future via their dreams. her great-grandfather, apollo ( chandler's gran, zelena had also been a demigod, and attended camp half-blood in her days ) had sent the girl a strange dream.

being sent the dream itself wasn't what made that night abnormal in demigod terms, no. the contents of the dream was what made it all so, so strange.

the view from where chandler stood made it seem as though she was actually there, standing in a crowd of others — which chandler presumed demigods as they were all decked head to toe in battle armour, raising weapons proudly. the gestures they made felt hauntingly familiar, and surprisingly easy to distinguish though they chanted in a language that wasn't english, nor ancient greek.

a single girl aboard a peanut-butter colored pegasus ( similar to chandler's own pegasus in everything but color ) raised a long sword, her arms bare of sleeves leaving the bluish ink of her tattoo to show in the sun. from the hephaestus demigoddess' standing point, the wording, and design remained an utter mystery, but she could easily pick up everyone had the same tattoo.

chandler stared at her own wrists, wondering if she, too, had the tattoo, but no avail. her own, personally chosen tattoos remained, but no sign of the latin words, or the individual symbols the others in the crowd all had. she couldn't help but think that maybe, just maybe theirs were burned rather than drawn in with an ink filled needle as her was.

"annabeth mentioned she had some information on percy's disappearance?" chandler wondered aloud to her friend, though her mind far, far away from their conversation. she'd been trying to put the puzzle pieces of her best friend's disappearance together for a while now, thinking back on everything that could help her in the slightest — after all, her very best friend was gone without a single trace.

perseus jackson. percy jackson. chandler's very best, very stupid friend. their friendship went back to before the world of monsters, and gods had been revealed to percy. when he was still innocent to the deities that walked their cities, and monsters that prowled their streets. they'd met at yancy academy, chandler had been with their satyr friend, grover, to help search for a powerful half-blood, unknowingly befriending him within her first ten minutes of class.

once he'd been brought to camp half-blood, she looked out for percy long before annabeth befriended him, let alone gave him the time of day. chandler had helped train him under the seemingly trustful care of luke castellan, and was there to check him for scrapes after his capture the flag games. as the years went by, and quests piled up, they only got closer over the years.