Twenty five.

Clark | Melina | Clarice

Third person POV:

After she send a quick text to Clarice that she was on the way there to Clark's apartment. She hopped inside her car and made her way there. She wondered how things would be between Clark and her, now that he's been avoiding her lately.

The more she thought about, the pit in her heart dug deeper. She couldn't stop that feeling every time she thought about him. Gosh she didn't even know what that feeling was.

The signs Clark had given out to her for the past couple weeks were obvious, only a person who didn't have a brain would not be able to see it.

He often replied to her messages a day late and never picked up any of her calls. He even stopped calling the hotline's number. Melina kept telling herself that he was busy with college so she shook it off but when time grew, she knew he was tired of her. She couldn't understand why though?
What had she done to him?

As she pulled up at the parking lot she made her way to the apartment.
Just a door away from Clark.
She took in a needed breath and rung the door bell. Every second grew and she became to lose control of herself. Half a minute passed and Clarice had opened the door.

"Hey! Come in," She greeted her as she let her towards the living room. Melina looked over Clarice and tried to look for him.

"Hey, where's Clark?" Those words had slipped out from her mouth before she knew it. She cursed under her breathe so that only she could hear it.

"His changing his clothes, why?" Clarice said as she chuckled slightly. A red bush had spread through her cheeks at the thought of Clark changing his clothes.

"....."

"You know your cheeks are burning red." Clarice teased pointing at her flustered cheeks than only made it worst.

"No it's not!" She protested

"What's not?" A voice from behind them came. Melina eyed him head to toe as he came towards them, both hands stuffed in his grey sweat pants, making them hang even lower than they were already. He was wearing a brown hoodie as the weather was chilly lately. He ran his left hand through his soft brown hair as he gave her a shy smile.

"It's nothing....sooo, what's first!" She said trying to lighten the mood a little.

"Can we make brownies. I saw this recipe of 'slutty brownies' and they look so fucking delicious!" Clarice shouted as she took out her phone from her shorts.

"I guess we could? But do we have the ingredients?"

"If you don't know by now. My stupid brother—"

"Hey!" He gruff and gave a glare at his sister.

"Oh, shut up please. Anyways my Brother likes baking so, he should've any ingredients here and anyways if he doesn't we can always make a trip to the store." Clarice said as she twirled her hand around the air.

****

It had been half an hour already, the 'slutty brownies' were about to be placed in the oven. Clarice had made a big mass at the kitchen counter while trying to mix the flour in the mixture. Clark had kicked her out of the kitchen and started to make the brownie batter on his own while Melina was helping him with layering the pan with cookie dough and gram crackers, she stole a few peaks here and there to Clark. Little did she knew, Clark was doing the same.

Every time Melina looked at him, he knew what he was doing although Melina worked at a coffee shop she couldn't bake as well as Clark could.

Neither had spoken a single word to each other since they had entered the kitchen. There was only soft sounds of the movie that Clarice was watching on the tv and nothing more.

"I'm done." Melina said trying to break the silence which was a total fail since he only just nodded and started to pour the brownie batter in the pan. He put it in the oven and set a timer for twenty minutes. He took his apron off and let out a deep sigh.

"Wanna go to where Clarice is?" He asked as he washed his hands.

"Before that...." she replied almost instantly as she trailed off.

"I, uh wanted to talk about these weeks." She let out a breathe she didn't knew that she had been holding in. She didn't knew where this conversation would lead but she wanted the feeling in her heart to disappear.

"I know you've been avoiding me." She blurted it out in one breath as she looked down at the furnished wooden floor.

"Look at me." He whispered in the deepest voice she had ever heard him speaking. Her gaze slowly lifted up and met his pair of greyish blue eyes staring right through hers', she had almost found herself lost in them again.

"It's not what you think of—"

"What did I do wrong?" She said cutting him off begging for an answer as she tried her best not to let those tears fall. He looked at her as broken as she was and slowly his gaze fell onto the floor. There was a brief silent before Clarice interrupted it.

"Hey! My Boyfriend just called me if I could accompany him to his parents house tonight. I'm sorry but I really need to go, tell me how those brownies tastes like. Bye!" She said oblivious to what was happening, she picked up her things and scurried to the door.

A wave of silent hit them as they stared at anything but each other.

"I, Er need to tell you something." He said as he lead their way to the kitchen island. Both of them sat opposite each other as they looked into their eyes. Clark knew that this was his only chance but how could he? Was he ready to lose everything he had built up?

Clark's POV:

Melina sat down on the stool of the kitchen island opposite to me, how was I going to do this. It's now or never I thought to myself. I inhaled a deep breath.

"I, er...how do I say it, fuck." I stuttered. Now this was one of many things only she could do to me.

"I...i lik—" I couldn't finish my sentence as I was interrupted again but this time by an annoying beeping sound from the oven indicating that twenty minutes was the up. I sighed as I made my way towards the oven. I poked a fork into the brownie to check if it was cooked and it was.I let it cool down before cutting them into small cubes and coating them with powdered sugar. I grabbed two forks and the brownie as made my way to the kitchen island. I made my way again to the refrigerator and grabbed two sodas and placed it on the top of the island.

As Melina was about to dig into her first bite of the 'slutty brownies'
I did something i didn't knew i would've done.

"I-i like you Mel!"