𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐎𝐄 - 𝐀 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋

━━━━ 𝑴𝑰𝑺𝑻𝑳𝑬𝑻𝑶𝑬 - 𝑨 𝑯𝑶𝑳𝑰𝑫𝑨𝒀 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑪𝑰𝑨𝑳

   ♥️💬

   14,578 likes

    emcaswell  spending the holidays with this cute dork

𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓 she felt warm arms snake around her waist, familiar curls tickling her neck as her boyfriend leaned into her his embrace full of love and warmth.

"Ricky, what are you doing?" She squealed as he squeezed her tight. Loving the sound of his girlfriend's laugh, Ricky squeezed tighter his smile brightening with each giggle.

"I'm just hugging my girlfriend, is that a crime?' He asked teasingly. Ember laughed and put a finger to her chin as if thinking about it causing Ricky to put a hand to his chest in mock offense.

He exhaled with a breath of relief and lied down next to her on the couch, pulling her in close as he breathed in her scent of peppermint and cinnamon. He couldn't believe that just two years ago the two had despised one another, and now they were boyfriend and girlfriend. Seeing Ricky in deep thought, Ember began to comb back Ricky's curls her hands softly tugging at each strand and causing him to close his eyes as she quite literally smoothed his worries away.

"I love you."

The words were almost a whisper and Ember would have missed them had she not been sitting so close. She quickly sat up, Ricky following as he stared at her with an insecurity in his eyes that made Ember want to cry. She knew all about how much he struggled to say those three little words and it meant so much to her that he had the courage to say them to her.

"Ricky, I love you too." She spoke and watched as the relief spread through his body as his eyes softened and he pulled her into a hug, his body trembling with tears.

Wanting to comfort him, Ember looked around and grinned spotting a certain object she knew Ricky would complain was too cheesy but she did not care. Pulling away from the hug she smiled wide at Ricky causing him to raise an eyebrow in worry.

"Why are you smiling like that? it's creepy." Ricky commented.

Without another word Ember simply pointed up causing Ricky to follow her line of sight.

When he spotted what she was smirking at he groaned causing Ember to laugh at his misery.

"We are not standing under that." He protested, crossing his arms defiantly. Ember didn't listen to him as she pulled his arm to make him get up from the couch and dragged him over, positioning him right beneath the entryway.

"What's a matter, Ricky? It's just a little mistletoe." Ricky sighed knowing it was fruitless to argue with Ember. When her mind was set on something it was set and there was no going back.

Before he could complain Ember wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him down, her lips connecting with his. Ricky immediately felt the disdain melt away as he got lost in the kiss, butterflies erupting from her touch.

Ember ran her hands through his curls tugging at them as she deepened the kiss. She smiled as Ricky tasted of cinnamon and vanilla, the smell bringing a comfort to her she was familiar with.

Needing air they both reluctantly pulled away trying to catch their breath. Ricky looked to be in a daze as he smiled goofily at Ember, his heart racing and palms sweaty.

She laughed at his expression, her heart bursting with love for this boy she once hated.

A cough suddenly sounded from the door causing both of them to look in the direction as they spotted EJ who stood holding a remote and a CD player.

"Uh don't mind me, mom just told me you might need this." He cleared his throat awkwardly not quite wanting to see his once enemy with his sister.

Putting down the CD player he clicked a button on the remote and left just as the notes for 'Silver Bells' began to fill up the room.

Both brightened at the sound of Elvis' voice as Ricky mockingly bowed and held a hand out for Ember.

"May I have this dance, m'lady?" He questioned.

Ember giggled and nodded placing her hand in his as she played along with an curtsy.

Pulling her along Ricky placed one arm around her waist the other going to her shoulder. Ember simply put her arms around his neck and laid her head against his shoulder closing her eyes as they swayed softly to the music.

She felt unbelievably lucky to be in his arms as they danced his voice sending chills down her spine as he sung softly to the words.

This is the best christmas ever

She thought as she looked up at Ricky seeing the love in his eyes.

She couldn't wait for the next Christmas as long as he was by her side.

And as they danced along to the sound of Elvis' voice, she knew it wasn't a far off dream.

____________________

𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐢'𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬

merry christmas everyone!! I decided to post this little chapter as a gift. Just to clear things up this chapter does not pertain to the storyline and is more of a au sorta thing.

I hope you enjoyed and I hope christmas is well for all of you.

how did you like this little gift?

what did you like about this chapter?

what do you hope to see in the next chapters?

I wish you all a merry christmas and I'll see you all soon!!

also I know the edit I made of Ricky and Ember is ugly but for my sake just pretend it's cute djdjdj

gif courtesy of maria