𝟎𝟕. 𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐈𝐀𝐋 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊𝐒

━━━━━ 𝟎𝟕. 𝑨 𝑺𝑷𝑬𝑪𝑰𝑨𝑳 𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑫 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑵𝑲𝑺

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆?" Ember spun around from her place in the kitchen to see her brother standing at the doorway, one eyebrow raised in a perplexed manner

She looked back at the baking sheet where disfigured lumps of cookie dough sat and then turned to face EJ again, cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"I'm baking, what does it look like?" She huffed placing one hand on her hip in a sassy manner causing EJ to roll his eyes playfully.

"I know that, I have eyes. But why?" At this Ember looked away picking at her fingernails nervously. Truth of the matter was, after the whole argument she had with Ricky in the hallway she had time to think over things and though she couldn't fully trust him after the night of the dance, she figured it was time to leave things in the past and start over. Besides it was Thanksgiving and what better way to say sorry than a few homemade chocolate chip cookies. You could never go wrong with cookies. 

"Well, I wanted to apologize to Ricky and hopefully clear the air between us. So I figured why not make his favorite, and hope for the best." She shrugged nonchalantly gesturing towards the dough but judging by the smirk now adorning her brother's face she knew he wasn't entirely convinced.

"Mhmm, and how exactly do you know that chocolate chip cookies are his favorite?"

Ember blanched, her smile slipping as she realized what she had admitted.

"I- pfft what person doesn't favor chocolate chip- stop laughing!" She cut herself off as her brother burst into laughter at her obvious crush she continued to deny. Truthfully he wasn't thrilled about her feelings for Ricky, as he still didn't like him, but he knew deep down the two cared for one another, and his sister's happiness was all he really wanted. Wow, turns out being honest and nice really does change a person's views on life. 

"Alright, alright. I'll leave you alone, but you better hurry the party starts in three hours, and you still haven't even changed." He left, snickering to himself when he heard his sister began to panic as she realized the time.

Teasing his sister about her love life might just be his new hobby. 

━━━━━━━

"This is ridiculous, maybe we should just go home." Ember told her brother, her knuckles turning white from the force in which she held a crimson colored wrapped box containing the cookies she had taken so long to perfect.

Sensing her worry, EJ placed his hand on his sister's shoulder turning her to face him.

"Hey, it's going to be fine, everyone is going to love having you here remember they're your friends and our cousin. And I'm sure Ricky will love the cookies you made him, okay?"