Chapter 3 - Secrets

Wow Domino Uni is way bigger than on the photos we've seen, I say to myself as I admire the architecture.

The bell rings and the students start pouring into the main building, where inauguration will be held.

We are guided into the assembly hall where take our seats and wait for the introductory speech from the headmaster.

The assembly hall is packed with students of different ethnicities. Unsurprisingly, since DUFS' thematic priority is global studies. Although my last semester hasn't even really begun I'm already anxious. What if I don't pass and therefore don't get my degree? What if no one likes me? What if-

A middle aged man walks onto the stage and gets up to the podium. All of my fellow students stand up and applaud him so I do the same. A ton of other people get on stage, too. I assume those are teachers. After all of them take their seats the applause ebbs away.

"Good Morning students, I'm your headmaster, Mr Todoroki. Welcome to Domino University of Foreign Studies," the headmaster begins his speech.

While listening I gaze at the teachers starting from the left side. Wait what?! It's him! No, it can't be. Am I dreaming? It's the guy from the café. What is he doing on that stage?

"- but before we continue we have a very special guest. Please welcome one of Domino University's co-founders: Mr Seto Kaiba, the CEO of Kaiba Corporation," Mr Todoroki points to the café guy, who stands up. They shake hands while everyone claps. He gets up to the podium as his gazes wanders around the hall until it gets quiet.

"It's an honor to be a part of shaping our generation and the generations to come. I'm thankful for this opportunity to hold a speech in front of the upcoming leaders coming from all around the globe. However, I'm not here to sugarcoat anything. As leaders we can't only focus on trivial things like money but rather help shape the world for a better tomorrow. Being one of the most influential people in the world for the past six years I know that there is a lot left to change about our global economy..."

I'm absolutely shocked. The guy who ordered coffee the past week is one of the most influential people in the world? The guy who looks about my age has been a CEO for six years already? What is going on?

Suddenly I feel the sense of embarrassment grow inside of me. I've made a fool of myself for an entire week. I told him that I don't know him while being a student at an university he helped build.

Before I could further wallow in self-pity I notice everyone around me stand up and applaud. I join them although I missed half of his presentation.

My peers around me start sitting down but I was frozen. The guy that came to Red Velvet is a CEO and probably a billionaire. Just as I am about to sit down we lock eyes. Fuck. Now he knows that I'm here. Crap. Although, when I think about it it's actually him who should feel guilty for lying to me for days. But is keeping one's identity a secret considered lying? Technically I can't even be mad at him. We don't know each other and he doesn't owe me anything.

The introduction was coming to an end and we were all giving our timetables.

As I walk out I feel someone tapping on my shoulder. I turn around and of course, it's him.

"Hey"

"Ahm, I have classes in 10 min"

"I know. I just wanted to say hey."

"Hey." I turn around after giving him a fake smile.

In my first class all I could think of was him. Seto Kaiba. Why does this even effect me this much? He didn't do anything bad. It's actually the opposite... I think the problem is that I actually had hoped that there could have been something more between us. But now that he isn't the cute guy looking after his brother who was just a nobody like me but rather a powerful multi billionaire there is no way he'd be interested in someone like me. This is exactly the reason why I didn't want to get involved with anyone until I graduated! I'm sitting in my first class of my last semester and what am I doing? Thinking of a guy instead of paying attention...