Chapter 4 - Starry Night Feelings

The week had passed really fast and it was thankfully already saturday. I know that I said I would forget about Kaiba after the day of the exposure, as I now call it, but... He is all I can think about. When I'm bored in class, when I'm waiting for my bus and especially when I'm in the Café and see Kaiba Corp on the other side of the street. But coming to the terms that I won't see him again because of Uni might make it easier since that's when he used to come in. It's probably just a phase and I'll get over him and might finally be able to fully concentrate on Uni.

Anyways, tonight is RV's Karaoke Night. Everything is been well prepared and there shouldn't be anything in our way. The only problem is what to wear?

It is 8 pm and already dark outside which made the whole thing look even more special with all the light and music, which is booming from the inside. The gang is also already there and also a bunch of old school friends of them. I walk over to our regular table, where everyone is already sitting with their drinks.

"Daaaamn girl, have we met?", Joey blurts as he sees me.

"Joey, don't even bother-"

"Wow Ari, you look like gorgeous. Red looks good on you," Yugi says in a sophisticated way compared to Joey.

"Yeah, that colors works super well with your brown hair," even Duke tunes in.

"A two piece, skin tight, short red dress. That's so hot. Is it just me our is that a revenge look?"

"Revenge look? What's that?", Tristan question while having the straw of his beverage in his mouth.

"That's when a girl looks hotter than usual to let the guy that he lost a goddess," Téa answers in a matter-of-fact voice.

"That was not my intention-,"

"Don't worry. Enjoy your night. Make out with some random guys, it'll make you feel better," she says as she winks.

Téa takes a sip of her drink and walks over to the stage to do the announcement for the party. The crowd starts cheering and with that the night had officially started. A lot of people had actually volunteered to sing, which was great because I didn't really think anyone would actually sing. Sure, most of the people were drunk.. but it still counts.

"Next up, Joey Wheeler with 'Hot in Herre'!", The looks on our faces as Joey gets up and shouts, "Surprise!" must have been priceless. He gets up on the stage and grabs the mic.

Meanwhile the gang is freaking out around me. They have completely lost it and are cheering for Joey. Apparently Joey performing after a few drinks is common.

As the song starts playing I automatically grab Téa and go straight to the dance floor. The other boys initially follow us as well. Soon enough most of the guest join us and everyone starts dancing like crazy.

"Now everyone!", Joey suddenly says between his lines. All of the guests start rather screaming than singing. Everyone seems to be having a good time and for us this surely will be one memorable night. As the songs ends everyone starts clapping and screaming for more.

Yugi and Téa get really close while dancing so the rest of us didn't interrupt them and danced a bit apart of them. We are all having a great time until some starts singing 'DJ got us fallin in love' by usher. Damn why am I feeling like this again all of the sudden? Why does this song bring memories up and tears to my eyes?

"Shorty, is everything alright? You seem so distraught," Joey drags me out if my thoughts.

I just look at him and whisper, "I need some fresh air. I'll be back soon" before running out of the café hoping that they wouldn't follow me.