Chapter 5 - Brotherhood

*Seto Kaiba's pov (usually Ariana's)

"Ariana, I think I'm actually falling for you."

Her eyes shoot open as she hears my words. I've never felt that way nor told anyone what I was feeling anything towards them because quite frankly I don't have feelings. They've only existed in a dark abyss deep within my soul where I throw them off a cliff. At least that is what I thought until I heard her voice for the first time. The way she sang that song. I just couldn't resist.

"Shorty, are you out here? The gang is worried," suddenly Wheeler's voice disturbs us. Shorty? Who does he think he is.

She instantly pulls away from me and turns to that mutt, who was standing at the door a few feet away from us. Since it's pretty dark it's hard to determine how that fool looks like but his annoying voice is recognizable.

"I'll be there in a minute," Ariana answers.

"But but not a second longer." This piece of shit is definitely trying to hit on her. Huh, as if he even could compete with me.

Ariana turns back at me, directly into my eyes with her big gorgeous brown eyes and a smile that could light up the entire city. What is she thinking about? She starts getting closer again, so close that it's hard for me not to just pull her into a kiss again. But it's not the right moment.

With her lips just a few inches away from mine she whispers "I think I'm actually falling for you, too, Kaiba," and ends it with a quick yet confusing kiss.

She abruptly pulls away, "Hey, you don't have a piece of paper and a pen by any chance, do you?"

I reach into my coat pockets and grab my checkbook with an attached pen and hand it over to her without even asking what its for.

She takes it, writes down something and hands it back to me. What's this for?

"Hit me up if you ever feel like drinking coffee," she says before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

I'm standing still as she walks away, back in. But before she disappears behind the door she looks at me, smiling... Sadly? What is she doing to me? What does this mean? I've heard that girls are confusing but I didn't think it'd be like this.

I should head home now since she is the only reason I even came to an annoying event like this. I look at the email address she just handed me and glance back at the café. I stare for a while until I get back into my new navy blue custom KC Model SK. The ride back to my house I've been thinking about what has happened on replay. I just can't get her out of my mind. Is this what it's like falling for someone for the first time. But how would I even know. Maybe this is just a sickness, occupying my everyday life.

I park my car in the underground parking area and get in the elevator to the house. As I am in I notice that no one was there and that most of the lights were dimed down. The assistants, as Mokuba calls them must have gone to bed already since I didn't notify them that I'd be coming home. Usually that means that I'm working back at Kaiba Corp instead of the home office.

I head up the stairs to the office since I have some thing left to do for the launch of my newest project in November. And since thinking about Ariana has been distracting me a lot I have to work way more than usually. I need to extinguish any thought of her if I want to return to my usual focused self.

A few minutes pass until I hear a knock and someone opening the door. Annoyed I look up from my laptop and see Mokuba's little head peaking out of the door.

"Can I come in big brother?", he asks with a honeyed voice. I nod and he high knee skips into the office, towards me.

"Mokuba, why aren't you sleeping? It's late."