Kabanata 6

Thanatos Ambrosia

"Am I seeing it right? Where's your secretary?"

I didn't need to lift my head to know it was Eros.

"Just because she's not here, you're allowed to come in however you want."

"Hey, couz." I looked up and saw it was Hermes on Eros's side.

"Ah, you brought the groom." I put down my pen and leaned on my seat.

"Had to make sure you'd attend my wedding. It's important that we're complete."

"I thought it was a fixed marriage. Love her already?" sarcastic kong sagot. He answered me with a middle finger.

"Where's Aleera? You had a divorce?" biro ni Hermes as he sat down on the couch. I just glared at him.

"Oh, okay. She filed a leave, bro? She just posted on Instagram." ani ni Eros habang nakatingin sa phone niya.

"What's an Instagram?"

They both snickered. "What the fuck, bro. You're making me cry. Wala kang Instagram?" Hermes said laughing.

"I know you're old but damn, you're old." Eros insulted with a laugh. "It's a social media app, man. Try it."

"I don't like social medias." Giit ko.

"Wow, didn't know she's party girl. She's having the time of her life in New York." sabi pa niya habang busy sa phone niya. Was she informing him? How did he know that and I don't?

Napakunot ang noo ko. "How'd you know that?"

"Sa IG stories niya." sagot lang nito pero hindi ko naintindihan.

I heard a noise. Must be from the videos. "Can I see?" I leaned near his phone.

He took it away and smiled devilishly. "No, man. Stalk her yourself." I'm gonna create an account? As if.

"Good to know that you took my advice. But is it okay for you that she'll date?"

"If she does, she'll tell me. I'm willing to revise the contract. And as long as it won't distract her from work."

Hermes laughed so loud. "Gago, magseselos talaga magiging jowa non sa'yo. She takes care of you so much. Ready ka na ba pag nag-asawa na siya?"

I shook my head. "Not everyone here's getting married. Ikaw ang ikakasal."

"Geez, you're so harsh. Remind me to put you in the blacklist on my wedding."

I fixed my suit and sat straight. "Whatever, get the hell out of my office, the two of you."

⇠ ❃ ⇢

Installing application...

I can't believe I'm doing this.

I typed things that app asked me for. After creating an account, I tried to figure out how to do it.

Napapikit ako at huminga ng malalim. I typed her name fast. I clicked on the first one.

@aleeranatividad

500 photos. 5,673 followers. 130 following.

Aleera N.

Iska '16 | @ambrosiaempiresinc
☕ but first, hot chocolate
📍MNL

What. Our company has an Instagram account?

I scrolled down.

There are pics of hers that seems familiar. 60% are from the out-of-town business travels that we had to attend and 40% are from her free time.

Kaya pala minsan ay nagpapapicture siya sa'kin.

I often would dismiss her but she's so persistent because she said she wouldn't have the luxury to visit the places again and she wants to have a memory of the place. Which I find unnecessary.

I started to ring someone.

"Hello?" the other line answered.

"Where can you see the Instagram stories?" I asked with all seriousness.

I heard her coughed. "Muntik na 'kong mabilaukan!" she laughed.

"Just answer the question." mariin kong sinabi.

"Sa Instagram." Walang kwentang sagot. "Pero bakit mo tinatanong, Kuya?"

"Saan don?" I ignored her question.

"Just click the profile photo, Kuya. Gahd. What an idiot." frustrated nyang sagot.

"Do you have an Instagram?" tanong ko.

"Duh! Ikaw lang yata sa ating magpipinsan ang wala non." I can imagine her rolling her eyes.

"Okay. Bye."

"You owe me!" sabi niya ngunit pinatay ko na ang linya. Manghihingi lang ng bag 'yon o tickets.

I opened the app again and did what she told me.

Then a video opened. It was Aleera, and was that Ms. Del Rosario? They were with two foreigners with a shot glass on their hands. It was a short video. The next clips were almost the same but it was them drinking shots, dancing, and capturing the neon lights.

Is this what she does whenever she's on her own?

Pero ano bang pake ko, diba?

I put my phone down. I should be working.

I reached some of the papers that I needed to sign. After scanning, tinabi ko 'yon. I have comments about it and I only let Aleera know about what I think pagkatapos ay siya na ang bahala ipaalam ito sa iba. Maybe when she's here, I'll continue that.

I reached for another thing to review on. Sa pangatlong basa ay hindi pa rin pumapasok sa utak ko. Why the heck can't I focus?

Kaka-work out ko lang. My spare time time to think and let loose is when I'm working out.

Next thing I knew, I reached for my phone.

"Good evening, Ms. Natividad. You're gonna have to cut your trip short."