Kabanata 31

#ThePerfectTandemWP | 31

The boards just finished a meeting regarding the business continuity plan in case of fortuitous events. Naglalakad na kami pabalik sa office ni Thanatos. His arms snaked into my waist.

"When are you going to resign, hon? You don't need to work anymore."

Napatingin ako sa tiyan ko. It's getting bigger and bigger everyday. 

"You don't need me anymore? Kaya mo ba ng wala ako?" I teased.

He pouted a bit. "It's better for the both of you."

"Give me a time to find a replacement. Kailangan ko ring mag-turn over ng tasks."

Nagpaalam ako sa kanya because we still have tasks to do.

I saw Shani examining a folder of files with her while walking.

"Baka madapa ka, sis." bati ko. Napasapo siya sa dibdib sa gulat.

Nang makita niya ako, sumimangot siya. "Adik ka talaga."

"Kailan ka pa naging magugulatin?" curious na tanong ko. 

Naglikot ang mata niya. "Wala. Kala ko ikaw yung asungot."

"Asungot?"

"Wala." she dismissed. "By the way, sobrang bet ko mga hairbands mo ngayon ah."

"Yeah. Di na ako makapag-jewelry, madali na ako mainitan at mairita. The hell, is that a Hermes hair scarf?" As always, her outfits are on point. Other people can mistake her as a fashion blogger.

She touched her ponytailed highlighted brown hair. "Nah, it's a silk hair scarf from Mango."

I pouted. "I wish I can wear pumps again."

She laughed. "Is Mr. Ambrosia to blame or you?"

✰❃✰❃✰❃

First day of interview for my replacement. Isa lang ang pumasa sa screening ng HR ngayon. I am about to meet him for his last interview.

Bumukas ang pinto.

Tumayo ako. "Good mo— luh ba't ka nandito?"

It was Thanatos. He was wearing that wonderful suit again, ika nga ni Shani nung isang araw, sobrang 'daddy' energy daw. Naroon na naman ang mga masungit niyang mata ngunit para sa'kin ay normal lang iyon.

"You were gone. I missed you."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm bout to conduct an interview."

He sat beside me. Sakto ay bumukas ang pinto and there came a guy who looks like he's fresh out of college.

Looks a bit lanky, pero ang gwapo. He's obviously way younger than me pero halatang eye candy ito.

I held out my hand. "Good morning. I'm the secretary you'll be replacing and this will be your boss, the CEO." 

We shook hands, and I saw him gulped as he took a look beside me. Poor guy.

Umupo na kami and I looked at his profile.

"You have impressive achievements and experience, Mr. Henson." I have done a lot of final interviews for the company. Siguro if I wasn't doing administrative work, my job would be hiring people. It's for me to spot the difference between real brilliance and exaggerated lies written in their resumé

"Can you elaborate the administrative experience you had?" 

"Uh, besides being the USC Chair, I was an office manager of a branch until I became a Bank Analyst from the same company. I contributed making executive decisions led us to gain sales and investors alike."