Kabanata 24

#ThePerfectTandemWP | 24

TAGAYTAY CITY

I felt the chills of Tagaytay.

In front of me is the view of Taal. Nakapalibot ang hamog hanggang sa mga puno. I was on the balcony of the house we're staying at. Naka-bathrobe lang ako kaya't tumatagos ang lamig ng lugar.

Naramdaman kong may presensya sa likod ko. "Thirsty?"

I faced Thanatos and saw him carrying two wine glasses. He gave me the other one.

"That's one a healthy wine so it's not harmful for the baby." he explained. More so, he knew I needed one. Big things will happen later.

I sat on the edge of the table. He was also on his bathrobe. He sat on a chair in front of me. Yes, we had sex a while ago after we came to this resthouse. His family owned this so we stayed here instead of a hotel.

His built is really something to die for. I took a glimpse of his chest. I wanted to carress them again. His stubbles are growing, but I didn't mind. It made him manlier. Before I wasn't pregnant, I order him a lot to shave but it's surprising I don't mind it as much now. At yung mga mata niya, nakakahulog pa rin.

Pinakiramdaman ko ang sarili ko. I still felt sore, yet I want him again. Although I know I need to regain strength and get ready because the party will start any time now.

He drank on his glass, his jaw clenching a bit.

"Tonight is the last step, Aleera. We'll have the island by tomorrow." Joy can be seen from his eyes. I can feel his pride.

Pero parang ang pait. I should be happy, right?

This is business, Aleera.

I mustered up my strength and forced a smile. "For eternal victory," I raised a glass as I formally said the Ambrosia motto.

We clinked our glasses. We watched the sun die down, as something inside me dies as well.

~•~

They were in the limousine the company owns. Malapit lang naman dahil dito lang sa Tagaytay gaganapin but it's imperical. He's one of the pioneers of this foundation. The foundation grants awards for outstanding people, and almost every businessmen that are included in the top attends this event every year.

You can say that this event counts as their corporate social responsibility, but it's really not because of the glitz and glamour. Hindi lang mga tycoon, kundi politicians at ilang notable na tao sa showbiz ang nandito.

As always, he brought her as a date. He has never brought another woman on a date. People thought it was weird at first. But it became acceptable to them. Kaysa nga naman mapunta ang man of dreams nila sa kung sinu-sino lang. At least with her, they know it's just business.

Aleera was shocked at how star-studded this event was. She met the President and she met the Prime Minister of New Zealand. Every year, it gets shocking. Pero that's what you get from being Thanatos Ambrosia's secretary. Nasanay na lang siya. As time passes by, she hated it. Nakikita niya kung sino sa mga mayamang iyon ang mga gahaman at plastik. Ayaw niya sa mga ganon.

Bumaba na sila sa limo. Heads were turning when they arrived. The media flocked over him. Elias, with the other bodyguards, made sure that they kept distance.

~•~

I was wearing a deep red gown with a low cleavage. It fits perfectly and it showed my curves. Buti nga ang perfect sa banda ng dibdib ko, feeling ko lumalaki dahil sa pagbubuntis ko and uhm.. well, si Thanatos.

Inaalalayan niya ako. We made our way on the red carpet. He was dashing as always, of course. A lot of women instantly stared at us. His suit made him look like he's above others, like he really is.

Sa mga ganitong pagkakataon ko narerealize na sobrang taas ni Thanatos. He doesn't feel too out of my league when I talk to him. But he made such a great name in the industry. I'm proud of him.

"Di ka naman ma-reach," I teased him as I smiled for the cameras. Mahirap na, baka pangit ako sa headlines!

"You're half the reason why," Napalingon ako sa kaniya. My smile didn't falter. Grabe. Di biro 'yung five years. I have been with him, working non-stop, through ups and downs of the company. We have been compromising a lot, lalo na sa mga pagkakataon na inaatake ang kumpaniya.

Ambrosia Empires, Inc. made its way to the top and it's because of hard work. His name was spread through Asia. I almost wanted to cry. Luh, hormones. I can't believe he acknowledges that I contributed to all of this.

Whatever irrational feelings I feel for the unknown future, isasantabi ko muna ngayon. I will savor this moment. It's a big step for us to get the island. Tonight is business.

Why, you think?

Because we want to get others support for this. When you have back up from the other millionaires, you're invincible.

That's our motive tonight.

We headed to the party and we mingled. I shook my hands with the Chief Justice. "Good evening, Sir." I looked at Thanatos and smiled. Time for us to work. "Excuse me, gentlemen..." I said as I made my way to another crazy rich asian.

~•~

At the middle of the night, after the main course was served, we decided to ditch the party.

Mabilis naman kaming magtrabaho. Besides, it's late. Pregnant women should sleep early. My feet is killing me na.

We met on the hallway near the elevator. Wala masyadong tao dahil nasa ballroom ang event.

Nasa third floor ng parking daw ang sundo namin. I pressed number 3 and we waited. He was massaging my back.

"Did I tell you that you look gorgeous?" his voice was raspy. Bumaling ako sa kaniya, I can see tiredness from his eyes.

"How much did you drink?" mahinang tanong ko. Sinandal niya ang ulo niya sa balikat ko.

"I saw you working hard. Good job as always, Aleera." Tumayo siya ng maayos. Maya-maya ay lumapit sa mukha ko. Napaurong ako. "You deserve a reward..."

"Stop it, someone might see!" Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mata.

Napalapat ako sa dingding. His one pressed on the wall, locking me. "As if we have the biggest scandal around here..."

I rolled my eyes.

"Your lips look tasty. Can I bite?"

What's this? Another elevator scene?

"Ano ka, bampira?"

The elevator ding-ed. Pumasok kami sa loob. It's time to go home...

As the elevator door closed, he kissed me through the night.

---x---

author's mema: hello! chapters until kab 30 are ready and I'm really hoping we'll end at kab 35 hahahah. nagpaparamdam na kasi sa'kin yung ibang Ambrosia :) you guys ready for them?

 nagpaparamdam na kasi sa'kin yung ibang Ambrosia :) you guys ready for them?